Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my wife a 2013 XLE FWD. I thought I had paid $20,888 for it. That was the price that was shown on the vehicle. Something kept nagging me so I went and looked at the contract once again and realized that we were charged $22,275 for it. Know I know that it is my fault for not looking over the contract more closely but has anyone encountered this and gotten a new contract written up with the correct price or am I just screwed? We have had the car for a little over a week now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I rechecked and the sales tax was added which still means we were charged about $700 too much. I cannot find anything on there that would explain the extra $700.

I checked the service contract and it has the right price so I must be missing something. I really wish they had listed everything.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Was the vehicle cost financed and does the price which shows on your contract reflect the finance charge? Your first recourse regarding a possibly incorrect charge should be to speak with the dealership or party which or who sold you the vehicle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was the vehicle cost financed and does the price which shows on your contract reflect the finance charge? Your first recourse regarding a possibly incorrect charge should be to speak with the dealership or party which or who sold you the vehicle.
I went by there and he explained the price to me. Taxes and Taxes bought the price up. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Glad it was just a misunderstanding / start living in Canada, if you think TX tax sucks.
- our son just bought a new Lexus RX350 plus 13% HSTax / added several thousand dollars, here in Ontario

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I went by there and he explained the price to me. Taxes and Taxes bought the price up. Thanks for responding.

It's good to hear that you got it sorted out! Hope that your wife enjoys the RAV!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
189 Posts
Glad it was just a misunderstanding / start living in Canada, if you think TX tax sucks.
- our son just bought a new Lexus RX350 plus 13% HSTax / added several thousand dollars, here in Ontario
expensive car means more taxes and maintenance. hope i can get a lexus someday :nerd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts