Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor old Rav got hit last night and had to be towed. I'm absolutely torn about this. I looked at it and it didn't look like the frame was bent but the alignment is completely screwed up. If any of you went through something like this how long did it take for your car to get fixed?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
That obviously depends on the amount of damage which has yet to be assessed. Then there is availability of parts, backlog of the body shop, the insurance company, etc. Just guessing I'd think 3-4 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
It doesn't take much these days to run up several thousand dollars damage even from apparently light damage. And on a 15 year old car like your 2002 that can approach the resale value. Then the insurance companies total the vehicle.
Hopefully not but if that turns out to be the case they may offer you a keep-the-car settlement. Then it's up to you to pay the additional for getting it fixed. My niece had that happen to a Volvo she loved. It cost her some out-of-pocket $$$ but she paid for the repairs & drove it a few more years.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like a nice/used door & a dog leg repair panel, would take care most of the cosmetic damage.

The fact that the rocker panel edge is unharmed, would suggest zero frame damage.

Don't give up the ownership / rather settle on cash deal, with insurance company...now get it fixed, out of your pocket.
- my brother did this on a rust free 2000 Jeep TJ Wrangler (valued at $11,000 Cdn)
- and pocketed half the amount, after he had auto body licensed friends fix it to factory spec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts