Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered them from here:

http://www.sportwing.com/catalog/displaycat.pcgi?fm_catid=22&fm_subcatid=103

Our RAVS arent listed but give them a call. Ordered Thursday and arrived today. They will ask for your color code. Look at the metal plate in your door jamb. The first three characters after CTR (6T6 in my case - Everglade metallic) constitute the color code.

I think they were $170 shipped.

Its too cold around here to put them on now, however :(

Tom

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill take a pict flyingn. Yes, 50 defgrees F min. So, I will have to wait awhile.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just picked up my Rav yesterday as I was waiting for the body side mouldings. I think it was a good choice as I am very happy with the mouldings.

I will post some pictures when the weather warms up & I wash it.

CAN SOMEONE ADVISE HOW DO YOU POST PICTURES TO YOUR ALBUM???

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Judging from the close up pictures on their site, it looks like they have
no problem matching colors. I looked at that site before but thought
they weren't offering '06 Rav moldings yet since they're not listed.
Thanks for letting us know. Gotta get some!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just uploaded a pict to my album. Check it out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there are instructions. Look at the pict in my album for width. Over 2" wide.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They do look wider than the OEM moldings (which is good).
I know the OEM ones are available in Canada, but it's questionable
whether US dealers can get ahold of them.
They sure are less money though. :roll:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very cool moldings. I looked at the sportwing.com site where you got them; all the ones they have pictured look like they're about 1 inch wide, kinda triangular; yours are double that and kinda flat. Did they tell you about that when you ordered them?

I'd like to know what's the depth (i.e., how much do they stick out away from the side of the car) on both these ones and the toyota standard ones (don't want too little or too much).

I am also considering black instead of color-matched. Not glossy painted black, but rather black like the 4.1 had, black like the color of the unpainted mud flaps. I think that would give it a rugged look. I want some contrast on the side of the car, not more of the same color. (So you can guess when I saw the 4.2, I wanted the base model because I wanted the contrasting side edging not the color matched one, so same idea here for me - I think the black goes good with the red). So does anybody know if you can get either of these unpainted, and what the underlying color/material is (i.e., is my idea feasible)? thx.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
flyingn said:
The Canadian are cheaper but can someone measure em to compare em to the ones that Purdue has shown us..
I will be picking them up from the dealer tomorrow afternoon. I think the OEM mouldings are smaller than 2", but I will confirm.

I like them to be small enough so they look pretty streamlined from the side and front.

BTW, for folks in US, you should be able to get discounted OEM accessories from this company:
http://toyota.autowebaccessories.com/

For some reasons they don't ship parts to Canada. :?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live in the US and I just ordered a set from a dealer in Canada. You're probably going to pay about $100 after shipping to have them shipped to the states. It's absolutely baffling why they don't offer this as an option in the US like they do in Canada.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts