Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
below are my headlight bulbs from PHILIPS....its the 9003 H4 though......I live in NJ so watch out when you see POPO's cruising around.....

He only gave me a warning so that was fine but I believe my lights were OK...I replaced my lights with the SYLVANIA Silverstar in a rush that I might come across with the same cop and he'll give me a ticket the second time.....I know SYLVANIA bulbs does not lasts that long so I will be looking for a PHILIPS bulb that is as bright as my CrystalVision but not blue tinted this time...... :wink:

These are good lights too!!! they just don't last that long....this time they are WHITE..... 8)

Parkway....we need your bulb expertise this time again....... :lol:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We have the same law here in Hawaii. You cannot have any form of blue lighting on your car. I believe the reason being, is that you are imitating a police officer. :roll:

The police here strictly enforce this particular law. This includes running blue tinted bulbs inside of your headlights. Even though they light up a bright white, they do not want to see blue bulbs. :?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Yup, the Sylvania Silverstars are still a blue-tinted bulb and you can see that from the pictures above. I much prefer a clear bulb that puts more light on the road vs going for colour only. Philips VisionPlus or Osram Silverstar are good ones and I think parkwaycruiser had a GE bulb he was happy with as well.

T

·
0 Posts
that's why i switch to HID projector, still get the blue/purple reflection and i see cops wonder around when they drive pass me... and just to realize that it turns white when they get close (like those european cars) now i don't have to drive around fearing of popos

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
ultima16888 said:
that's why i switch to HID projector, still get the blue/purple reflection and i see cops wonder around when they drive pass me... and just to realize that it turns white when they get close (like those european cars) now i don't have to drive around fearing of popos
Well aftermarket HID setups are illegal too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts