Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer besides studying, I was looking in the attic and found a lot of movie treasures of my family. But they are in 8mm which I recorded in a desist 8mm camcorder. But I use a vhs tray and I can see them fine. Some thunder and rain, but with a cleaning kit, I still can enjoy my son when he was little and chubby. [I hope he doesn't read this] Anyway, does anyone know the wires that I need to hook it up on my PC. I have a HP Pavilion a749c. DVD writer/CD writer combo. 280 GB HD:roll: , P4, 512 RAM, XP Home. I would like to know what wires and hookups I need. Software, I guess I got that covered.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have an ATI All-In-Wonder card as my video card. It's a pretty respectable card even if you do some gaming, and allows you to hook up a VCR and/or cable box and watch TV or video on your computer. My office is actually a closet with bifold doors, so with the TV feed right on my computer screen I can still watch TV without having to break my neck turning to look at the TV. ATI cards can be somewhat finicky as far as getting the drivers installed and working properly, but once you've got it, they aren't half bad. You'll also need software such as Sonic MyDVD or Pinnacle Studio or something like that if you want it playable on a standalone DVD player. If playable on a computer is sufficient, you can just slap the mpeg right onto a DVD once you get the video recorded to your hard drive.

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
This is a very interresting topic Mensa, I also have video
tapes from my different OE's, which I too would love to
put onto disc!
Thanks all for your answers. :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it. A little accessory called the DVD Xpress. Easy and works well with the MS Movie Maker, Muvee, and CyberLink Power Director software. What I didn't want to do was to open my computer so that I can install a card. Risky business, but I'm more then capable of the task. Thanks again to all. Now i can show my grandson how their father was when he was little, in about 15 years. :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just go to SAM's Club or Costco and by yourself a Samsung or Daewoo DVD/VHS Recorder player. Just connect to the television and put your vhs casette on the player and the blank dvd on the right side of player and record your movie. No need to mess with computers and its allot more simple.

Here are some part# found in Circuit City/Best Buy etc.

JVC DRMV1S DVD recorder/VCR com
Sony RDR-VX500 DVD Recorder/VCR Combination
Panasonic DMR-E75VS DVD Recorder - VCR Combination
LG XBR446 DVD Recorder/VCR combination
Pioneer DVR-RT500 DVD Recorder/VHS VCR Combination

1 - 12 of 12 Posts