Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I found a local custom designer that can make the dash trim for a GPS/Radio/Screen setup. I am planning to invest on the Pioneer AVIC-D2 GPS Navigation system with added acessories such as the ipod adaptor, XM Traffic and Radio and the rear view camera.

My concern right now is the rear view camera. Can anyone suggest where the camera should be placed for rear view? I definitely want good view of the rear as myself or the fiance is backing up. The tire seems to throw both our perception off.

Thanks.

-Sidney

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that but was afarid that the spare wheel would take up much of the field of view.

The only option was embedding it in the bumper. But then I was worried about getting a towhitch later on and that might block the view, or even having someone's car bumnper hit against it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You could buy an alloy spare wheel and eliminate the wheel cover. Then you could mount the camera in the center of the wheel mount. It would have a great view and be well protected there. It might make removing the wheel more time consuming, but esp if you are one of those that doesn't rotate the spare it wouldn't matter..

John Davies
Spokane WA

S

·
0 Posts
GPS and rear camera

Hi sko580,

I also live in queens, ny and I own a AVIC-D1 which is similar to your AVIC-D2. I am going to get my 2006 RAV4 in few weeks and I am looking for the customized radio dash cover/trim kit so that the AVIC-D1 will fit on my RAV4 dash. Would you mind contact me about where you got your customized radio dash kit from?

thx a lot.

Sam

S

·
0 Posts
Hi All.

For who are interested in replacing the stock stereo with after-market ones -
I just did a search and found that the stereo install kit is very likely to be available from Crutchfield (via American International) in a couple of weeks.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t130171.html

I really hope it is really gonna happen!

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts