Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Magellan Meridan Color GPS that I mount with a RAM swivel ball mount on my bike, kayak, F350, and my old 2003 Outback. I'm trying to find a place on the Lower center dash to mount the RAM ball attachment for the GPS. I have identified three possible locations. 1. The popout switch plates in the lower center dash, next to the 12V plug. 2. In the poor cup holder. 3. (Best, below the Radio at the top of the center open storage area. The location has to be strong enough to handle some vibrations, small screws, or small bolts.

RAM makes many mounts for GPS and other stuff. See www.ram-mount.com.

:?: Question: Does anyone know what the nylon plug is for at the top front center of the open storage box area, in front of the gear shift? There is also a small slot next to the plug? Does the plug cover a thread or an electrial plug? Help :?:

WYMAPPER

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the way back from skiing in Breckenridge, CO last night I discovered the Nylon button on the lower dash is a light lens. I had never used the RAV4 at night. Looks like I'll have to use another location for the GPS mount. Look at my Album photos

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Use for the poor cup holder-a GPS mount.

I have posted two photos of a new use for the poor cup holders- a removable GPS mount using RAM hardware. I used PVC 3' plumbing plastic end cap and a black plastic drain to fill the cup holder hole and bolt the RAM mount ball. I used rubber tape around the white end cap to make the fit tight. Check out the album photos for details.

The GPS works well without an extermal antenna. The temporary mount may come loose with fast driving on dirt roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts