Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I found this forum, it helped me make up my mind to order my Rav4. Cheers to all that posted some very usefull and thoughtful posts :cheers:

It was tough finding the one I wanted but my dealer managed to snag me one this morning off the boat (so they say). White V6 4x4 Sport with all the goodies (and a few I didn't want :D ).

I was pretty set on buying one after looking at a red sport a few weeks ago at the local dealership. Finally test drove after they found me the one I wanted just to make sure I would like it and thats all it took. I haven't owned an SUV is years, its been small cars and most recently my 91 GMC Syclone. Hopefully I can relegate the Sy to the garage for a much needed rest/restoration and enjoy my Sport when it comes it.

Paid MSRP and from the looks of the paper and what I've read online, no holdback, advertising fees or finance fees. I don't feel ripped off and USAA approved me on the phone for a loan so the process was thankfully smooth, quick and painless.

Just a little about myself, I've been in the USAF for a little over 9 years, I've been just about everywhere in the northern hemisphere and I love what I do.

Anyway, hello all
Wes

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome PP. I'll get pics up just as soon as I get my vehicle.

Moonroof, JBL upgrade, DRL, auto dim mirror, wheel locks, rear bumper applique, chrome plated muffler bearings.

Didnt really have a choice on options but at least they had what I wanted as a minimum, its what they could find and get for me. I didn't really want the mirror or DRL but now that its all finalized whatever....I'll take'm. Just cant wait for it to get here.

I did make sure to tell the dealership NO dealer tag on the front and NO dealer decal or stencil on the rear to ruin the paint, they laughed at first but I told them it was a deal breaker and they kinda got the point. :D I've always disliked that, free advertising after they get a nice profit from the car.

·
Registered
654 Posts
It was the same for me, too. I had the minimum of options that I wanted and had a list of additonal ones I would except if that was the only way I could get it.

I do have the dealer's license plate frame still on the care only because I've been too lazy to buy a new one to replace it. :0(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts