Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Rav4world,

My name is Paul, nice to meet all of you. I have been a member for almost two weeks. I was a little tardy in introducing myself earlier. I was so excited about all this good stuff I was reading. I plum forgot about the formalities. I retired from the USAF a few years ago, moved from beauitful Syracuse, N.Y. Just too much snow and too cold. Now I'm a self employed money whiz. My first Toyota was a 1970 Toyota Corona. That was one of my best cars. Haven't had a Toyota since. Just hated paying full sticker for one of their hot cars. But I bit the bullet, I ordered a new V6 limited. Can't wait to try that V6. Hopefully it'll be here in a few more weeks. See you on the forum.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the intro! My husband grew up in Buffalo and with the help of the Navy, made his way out to California (by way of VA and FL) to get away from the snow and cold.

You'll have to do a write-up as soon as you get that V6.

BTW, have you ever gone to Hawaii (Honolulu, specifically) and stayed at the Hale Koa Hotel? If you haven't, I highly recommend doing a trip and taking advantage of it. Can't beat the price on rooms. Granted it's right on Waikiki beach and midst of very touristy things but we still enjoy it very much.

Carol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure have puttputt. By far one of the nicest AFRC resorts in the world. Wish I could afford to live there. We just booked 28 days at the new Edelwiss Resort in Garmisch, Germany in Ooctober. They are booked so far out it's unbelievable. Had to make reservations over 12 months ago. They have their own site check it out.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm not jealous or anything.....Just look at the avatar to the left! Are you kidding? Sun, Surf, Sand. It gets nice and hot here in the summer and we have sandy beaches warmer than Maine but would be great to live in the warmth all year round. When we retire we are going to call Texas home.

Welcome!
Later. M. 8)

·
Registered
771 Posts
California has close to the same population as the entire Country of Canada. No thanks on the San Diego thing. I don't like crowds. "Wide Open Spaces" as they say is what does it for me.

:D . M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts