Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
My name's Josh and I'm the proud new owner of a barely-used 2012 Rav4 Limited V6. After purchasing the vehicle, I discovered that the previous ONE owner was a woman in her 70s. This explains 1. why the four and a half year old vehicle only had 35,000 miles on it, and 2. why the driver's seat is the only thing even hinting at wear on the whole vehicle.

My wife and I bought the Rav4 to replace my 2006 Tundra. I really didn't make much use of the pickup bed, but wanted to maintain an AWD vehicle in the stable. The vehicle also needed to have some oomph - I'm definitely on the aggressive end of the driving spectrum, and become easily frustrated with under-powered vehicles. The V6 in the Rav4 ensured that box was checked, and I've got to say, I'm constantly impressed with the acceleration! Add in a usable backseat, and a decent cargo area in the back, and this "truck" makes for a great commuter, kid hauler, and inclement weather handler - even with the very tired tires that came on the vehicle.

This is the 5th Toyota product we've owned, and currently our other "car" is a 2013 Sienna, so I can still haul all the lumber and sheet-goods I need. :) I plan on adding a receiver hitch to the Rav4 (yes, it came with the tow-prep package) to hold a bike rack or possibly pull the occasional trailer. Other mods - I'm really considering replacing the stock radio - nothing too crazy, but the sound quality is...not heart-warming. What IS warming though, is the ridiculous speed with which the Rav4 heats up. 6 degrees outside yesterday, head to vehicle after work, by the time I'm 4 blocks from the parking ramp, it's blowing warm air. THAT is simply amazing!

TL;DR - I have a new to me 2012 Limited with the V6 and only 35k miles on it. It looks and drives like new, and I'm really liking it! Thanks all!

Josh

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Welcome, Josh! The RAV V6 as you have discovered is somewhat a hot rod and hope that you continue to enjoy yours. The AWD as in in your profile should be useful in MN - according to the Dec. 13 weather report you're in for another good blast of snow!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts