Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new here and want to introduce myself. I'm Capmaster and I live in the Denver, CO metro area.

We currently own a 2012 RAV4 Limited, and today we should be adding another RAV4 to the family stable:smile My MINI Cooper S is no more, so I am making the move to our second RAV4.

I'm not new to forums and understand the rules, etiquette, etc. I was the admin of a social discussion forum from 2004 to 2010.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Welcome, Capmaster, and your V6 '12 RAV! Am willing to bet that neither RAV will be as good at running road rallies as your departed Mini Cooper S but are more utilitarian.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, Capmaster, and your V6 '12 RAV! Am willing to bet that neither RAV will be as good at running road rallies as your departed Mini Cooper S but are more utilitarian.
True that, but the problem I had with that little MINI Cooper out here in "SUV Land" was being seen. In the 3-1/2 years I owned it, I was rear-ended twice and run off the road into the end of a guardrail at 55MPH (other driver was charged with 2 counts of hit-and-run and careless driving). That last one was the one that totaled my car. People just ...didn't ...see that little MINI Cooper. The roof only came up to the bottom of the side windows on many of the SUVs we have out here.

One thing I have noticed is that when I am driving the RAV4, people see it, respect it, and signal. In the MINI people would tailgate, cut me off, change lanes almost hitting me.

By the way, I bought another RAV4 yesterday (I still have the 2012 in my avatar. No way would I get rid of that one!) A silver 2014 LE with only 36,000 miles on it. I love it. And I am surprised that the 2.5L I-4 has that much "huevos". Impressive little engine :smile

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I think I know what you mean about people not seeing your Mini Cooper. I drove some when living in the U.K. with no visibility problem there, but most cars there were much smaller than what we have in the U.S. now. Those Minis had surprisingly strong engines and the responsive steering and other driver inputs were fantastic! :smile
It will be interesting to have your comparisons between your 3rd generation and 4th generation RAVs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just in one day I have noticed that the 2014 is larger and heavier-feeling than the 2012. It also rides more like a car than the 2012 does. My wife noticed the same thing today when we took it for a fairly long jaunt around the Denver tech center.

My wife primarily drives the 2012 Limited and this 2014 LE is now my daily commuter. I'm liking it more each time I drive it. Today I treated it to a can of Sea Foam. Gotta keep those injectors clean ;-)

I'll upload a few pics of the new 2014 when I get a chance.

As for the MINI - yes, it was just an awesome little car. It didn't seem to mind being driven hard. It's the most fun car I've ever driven. Here's a pic of the late Hardtop S I had the dealer name "Secretariat" :D

·
Super Moderator
10,128 Posts
My pic deleted without an explanation? Tacky.

I'm outta here. Buh-Bye! :D
Sorry but that's just one of our anti-spam regs. Another post or two and your pics will "stick." (I'm an incognito moderator.)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
My pic deleted without an explanation? Tacky.

I'm outta here. Buh-Bye! :D
Your picture was not deleted. You attempted to post a link to a Google Drive picture, and apparently Google doesn't allow that. Why not create an album here on your profile page and upload your pictures there? Here's the link you posted:

PHP:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qEbUpO_wbQqEK3a9Pbmrnj2pP0kPUOaMuXDS-P5CAC3Zjxa_2R2CBItH8JZOka0y2XB9JlF_I2Ld99bLYSwQ-ulnQ80FyPpI3zqcwskKZ1hrv7mvBSSA1LvFv_Mftt_kIKPhmYuhxsRv7RqoG5znUtI0VMkgiN2Sf9QuS6DCConDUlY4Kaj5x3hHFrhg6-Q_SoOu0JRHjvYf6EZlApwv0CJuKgcq9PdKURkd717i8IexKHpT-6WXgDWQJPTyr0bXmbtpbHn10YY578Vlt3fivHfzQIR-aDTHPb75EpkojEriyq3EjBN9YS1U0kjti-FLXZknEtRxVHIQJdLJYhjBgUqk9BHqtJDlScKy3ZRwi08ABmPlKREl01YY8zaEcsCJNwx84MxwHogJPUleAQNxe8yix8kQKK5pD4fLqbRNqUSDOVnif6NPLu6KdkMI_4hQY8NtHkEhK8SpbiFNii8cgUjfVI4fIRSgWlC24C2hyYPsfqJn5RZRqGeGKwsKbWlSNP23DqSscHgj0ZKFqB6SEkBF5sg-TeBm9Uf4AiIBgl3fNE15GIHoPEkUYAH7lN6orEMS9yCTMEgdVLmnXrCm_C9pdN27v_uXPVi12dLf_A=w640-h480-no[/IMG]

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know what you mean also about feeling vulnerable in small cars. I live in South Florida and years ago when I had a Mazda 3, I kept feeling like I was going to be squashed like a bug! In 2012, I bought a 2004 Tacoma double cab Prerunner and it did the trick...people respected me more on the road! Sadly, the Tacoma was totaled by Irma dropping a massive tree limb on it, so I was shopping again...had been eyeing smaller SUVs and the Tacoma was so good to me that I decided to stick with Toyota. So here I am with a like new 2014 Rav4 XLE...and I love it...and don't feel like I'm gonna get squashed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts