Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 2006 LTD 4WD RAV4 V-6 two weeks ago and dealer here in Upstate NY says it should be here this Friday. Got the Barcelona red with gray interior, leather, heated seats, moonroof, side airbags, DRLs, mudflaps, rear bumper protector, cargo liner, rubberized floor mats. Does anyone know where I can get a vinyl hood protector (not full fronted bra)? Wolf, Colgan don't seem to have them in production yet, I'm afraid I might have to go with the 3M film package. Don't like the hard plastic protectors .

I have had many years experience as a professional detailer in my younger days, and you can probably tell already that I am very anal about finish protection. And by the way, I am anewbie to this site, so greeting to all!

OCInsomniac

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. And how the heck did you get it sooo fast? You musta paid over sticker! or gave the salesman a huge bonus. With leather too. People have been waiting in line forever for a truck like that. Oh well enjoy,. and post some pics of that baby.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I ordered the exact same one as you with remote start. I hope I get my as quick as you did. WOW!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D My dealer is fairly high volume in Western NY, was able to intercept my RAV4 enroute from port to its destination in VA. I guess the higher volume dealers have more pull than smaller ones. Two other smaller dealerships in the area told me I would have to order from the factory, wait 4 -8 weeks.

Was not happy with the deal, as they tried to get MSRP, but as I started to walk out the door in a huff, sales manager asked me to make best offer. Offered them TMV figure from Edmunds website less $100, and they accepted. Came to about halfway between invoice and MSRP. Still a longggggggg deal, I usually never pay $200 - 300 over invoice, but had to have my RAV4, and soon, since I already sold my car it is replacing, and must give possession to new owner this weekend. The price we have to pay for bad timing and a high demand, low supply vehicle

OC[/list]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flyingn -

I just love reds also. This RAV is replacing a 2002 Subaru Outback Sport also red. Also had a 2001 Subie Forester - red. Had to change color at the insistance of the Boss (spouse) with my 2005 Subie Outback - Atlantic Blue. When I saw the RAV4 came in red, told her we gotta have one like that - red! A few coats of Zaino and the red finish has a mile deep shine that seems to last forever!! 8)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, today is Friday, and got a call from my dealer. Says my RAV finally showed up at its destination in VA today, they will pick it up with flatbed, return with it to NY on Mon, do prep and it will be ready to go Tues or Wed at the latest. They were decent enough to give me a new '06 Corolla (nice little ride) for a loaner since I had to give my buyer possession of my old vehicle, have it until the RAV is ready. Not too disappointed - I can see from other posts that some folks have had to wait forever for a V6 - placed my order 2/15. Just hope there are no major snowstorms on the East Coast this Monday!! :(

OC

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Congrats!! What dealer did they pull it from in VA?

Not sure how their prices compare, but I found the clear 3M bras on eBay -- apparently they come in Deluxe and Standard configurations (looks like Deluxe just has more coverage -- $175 and $90 respectively + $12.50 shipping).

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Karrock -

Don't know which dealer or where in VA they are getting my RAV from.
Asked my sales manager if they picking up any others on the trip, he replied no, just my vehicle. Don't fully understand how their distribution system works - I would think the regional options configurations would be different between VA and NY destined vehicles. There are 4 Toyo dealers in my area (Rochester, NY) and this one is the highest volume .

Thanks for the info on the 3M film protection package, think I'm gonna go with just the hood protection.

OC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts