Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and after surf'n though the topics and getting some very good intel, I've decided to participate as well.

To day the Mrs and I made a deal to trade in our trustworthy 2001 Corolla on a new Red 2006 RAV4 Base. Unfortunately the three Toyota dealers in our immediate area didn't have this model/color in stock so we're going to have to wait 2 to 3 weeks before we can take delivery.

The car is primarily for my wife's use but I will drive it occasionally so we both had a say so in this pick. I liked the peppiness of the V6 but the Mrs takes fuel economy over the need for red lite to red lite running :D

We chose the RAV4 over the CR-V and these were the only two models we considered after I did some internet research.

Since we had great service out of the Corolla as well as the facts that the RAV was a newer design and had such a good reputation, the main purpose today wasn't so much to pick a particular model, but pick a dealer that wanted to deal with us and give us a good price. The negotiations got fairly intense and we finally put down a deposit after we reached agreement.

Primary reasons for picking the Base was fuel economy, good std features and price. Since we didn't need the sunroof we couldn't find any other compelling reasons to pick the sport or limited. The dealer did throw in the 17" steel wheel pkg but we would have been satisfied w/the 16".

Anyways, I'll be reading upon this fine machine whilst I wait and hope to contribute something along the way.

Volfandt

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't be fooled by the dealer when he say's "We threw in the 17" steel wheel package" bacause there isn't any 16" wheel offered. You have no choice they all have 17" wheels and 18" as an option. Hope he didn't do anything else to screw you over. Beware.

Welcome to our site.

Later. M.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
good catch...
congrats anyway and watch that dealer..

Marcutio said:
Don't be fooled by the dealer when he say's "We threw in the 17" steel wheel package" bacause there isn't any 16" wheel offered. You have no choice they all have 17" wheels and 18" as an option. Hope he didn't do anything else to screw you over. Beware.

Welcome to our site.

Later. M.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome and heads-up.
The price sheet showed the 17" styled steel wheels and tires as option combination A and the price was $340.00 US. This option also included the roof rack and 50 state emissions.

It's also broke out on Toyota's site under build your own and you have to pick either option A or option B. So it looks like they don't offer 16" wheels. I guess it's a "required" option.....

The dealer has been around quite awhile and has a good local reputation. Plus they were easier to work with than the one we bought the Corolla from. It'll be 2 to 3 weeks before I'll know if they are straight shooters or not.

Volfandt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts