Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you check your grounding (for amp)? I have the same problem before, once I changed the location of the grounding its gone and I use a bigger wire. Hope this help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rewire your power and remote wires so that they're separated from the signal RCA cables. The way I have it set up is I have my power and remote wires on the passenger side of the car and the signal RCAs wired on the driver side, all wiring going underneath the upholstery. Try this first, it might be all you need to do.

If that didn't help, the ground wire might need to be rerouted so that its touching bare metal. There are many spots in the cabin that you can use (mostly under the upholstery). Also, you should shorten the ground wire so there is a short path from the amp to ground.

You should see if you can get a refund for that filter.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is crazy. Gremlins, no doubt about it. Now, some times it does the drilling sound from the speakers. Sometimes when I accelerate the engine, the sound goes up with the engine RPM. Sometimes it doesn't do anything, just music. Sometimes the right rear speakers doesn't sound, sometimes it does. :twisted: This is crazy. Can it be the crossovers?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you check all your wirings? Maybe you've got some loose wires somewhere. Have you tried Ryo suggestion, to separate all the power (battery, remote) wires from your RCA. Last, you've mention crossovers, is it the passive or the electronic type. Are they working properly. I'm just guessing....

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, next week, I'm going to an electrical mechanic to install something I have for a long time in my garage. Tomorrow, I'm making the hook up with the dude to pick a time and date. That is were I'm telling the dude to check the system out. What I’m installing will be documented and photographed. I'm not telling, until I make the hookup and appointment with the dude. I don’t want to jinx my plans. Don’t miss this one. :wink:

K

·
0 Posts
is it a hissing sound like a turbo blow off valve or something? had that too in my audio system... we call it static here thats just a problem with your grounding or amp wire connections nothing really major i hope... :?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, since then I trashed my US Acoustic AMP. I installed a pure thoroughbred. An Alpine Amp. Less watts, from 65 to 45, but is works a lot better. I also installed from Pivot, the Razin. It is an electrical system stabilizer. No more sound from the speakers, no more drilling sounds. Just pure sound. 8) It's the little things that count.

http://www.pivotusa.com/superearth/raizin.htm

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
How many electronics do you have installed in your car??? :shock:

You're going to have to install another battery for all the electronics you have... you are going to start losing and draining power with the more electronics you install... :eek:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DJ Sueno said:
How many electronics do you have installed in your car??? :shock:

You're going to have to install another battery for all the electronics you have... you are going to start losing and draining power with the more electronics you install... :eek:
All most a year now with no problems at all. MSD 6A, MSD Blaster Coil, and the Pivot Raizin. Battery, Inter State MT-35. Just last week I installed a set of NGK Iridium. Until now, no problems what so ever.

Here is the Raizin

Here is the MSD Coil Blaster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts