Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of work right now, I drive for a living and after pulling out of a store I all of a sudden heard this strange grinding noise that seems to come and go as the tire turns. This is so far at low speeds and seems to go away for the most part when I turn or hit the brakes. What could this be? I can't tell if it is the front or rear tire so far as I am alone. Can I get through the rest of the day, I'd say I have another 100 miles to go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It almost sounds like maybe the rear wheel cause it doesn't completely disappear when turning. Is this most likely my wheel bearing? It is raining out right now as well not sure if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing which has gone or is going bad. One wouldn't know about how safe the vehicle is to drive any distance without knowing what the problem is and how bad it might be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to get it home and swap out cars. Most definitely sounds like a wheel bearing. Gets worse when turning least goes away when turning right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts