Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
My wife, the tailgater, 2011 Rav4 was involved in collision and as you may have guessed I am
restoring the front end of vehicle. While replacing, headlight assembly, bumper, bumper cover, a/c condenser, radiator, fan assembly,
hood, etc, etc, etc. My problem in putting it back together is identifying which plastic clip goes where. I did purchase the 420 piece fastener set for Toyota but it does not included any metal fasteners. I looked at the parts diagram for 52535-0r010 which I needed to replace. Where do I find the correct fasteners for this part.
Any comment is appreciated

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
You should go to a Toyota dealer. They can give you the correct parts since there are many different ones. It will take too much time looking for all the different bolts and fasteners which you don't know what size.

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
I just got our '06 back from the body shop after they repaired it from my hitting a deer. They replaced essentially the same items you listed. Since my comprehensive insurance was covering repairs I have the adjuster's complete itemized list of all the 32 parts with part numbers ($2061.06 total) required. To help cover my deductible the body shop let me supply some items such as the grille (167.36 estimate, 25.92 on eBay) and headlights which I upgraded to halo projectors.

Anyway, one of the parts is the "sight shield," the big plastic cover that goes fender to fender over the radiator & condenser, part # 532890R010. They listed it at $204 but it only had a crack so I had them reuse it. To your question - it's held on by a handful of those plastic clips, but there's no mention of them or any other clips on the estimate, but I got the car back with obviously new clips holding on the old shield. They probably have bushels of various clips on hand but they didn't charge me for them. So maybe they come with the new part. I'll find out shortly because I just ordered a new one for $38.62 on eBay. The seller lists it as T01225288, Radiator Support Cover.

They did replace the part you listed calling it at "LT Side retainer" but again no fasteners listed. I did notice they reused all my old bolts most everywhere.

So a lot of typing to for no real help? I do suspect a dealer is gonna want a lotta money for the clips one-each. Maybe an AP store.

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
My new Radiator Support Cover/sight shield came today. It DID NOT come with new plastic push fasteners so I'll just use the new ones from the body shop.

·
Registered
2009 ACA33r 2.4L 4x4
1 Posts
Anyone got an eBay link or something to theses specific fasteners, I need a few

1 - 5 of 5 Posts