Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: This past week I had a new theft recovery system installed in my Rav called Guidepoint rated #1 in North America. Using satellite tracking, their system can instantly view your vehicle's location, speed and direction. The lady I spoke with said they usually find a car within 2 hours of notification. They offer refund of up to $1,000 if they can't get your car back in 24 hours. Scary but cool all at the same time! There are lots of personalized settings one can enable, like if you're going to be parked in a parking lot all day you can ask to be notified of any movement during the time you're away. It will notify you if someone bumps into you while you are away from the car via the "security fence" it establishes around your car. You can enable geographic boundary alerts, so if someone takes your car outside your personalized zone, you will be notified. It can alert you if you exceed a speed you have preset for yourself (I think I'll make mine 100 mph 0:). More niceties than I can list here, such as making restaurant and hotel reservations for you. When I bought it along with the car, it cost a pretty penny ($864 including installation), but since I love my Rav and go into San Francisco frequently I'm glad to have the peace of mind. . . or when I'm away from home, thieves, don't even think about touching my car! Definitely a big difference from the LoJack on my 2001 Rav. Final plus point: Show agent proof of installation and they will lower your insurance rate. Maybe some of you know about this already, but for those of you who don't, it's a good thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts