Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's sexy as fxck... go checkout the album... 3 new picture from the Fxx....(i can't spell that ) show in Europe.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ultima, what made you change your mind? Was it the styling, performance, interior, gadgets that influenced you? Just curious. :D

I am still reserved about the new 4.3 RAV until I see one in the flesh. Pictures can either make something look great or not so great.

Is there anyone on these forums who attended the Frankfurt Auto Show and has seen it up close? What is your opinion? :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's cuz the European version has no back tire and the design looks more proper with shorter cargo space... but maybe the US version is still gonna look like crap in person.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Dereck has pointed out something that I was going to mention before in that when product designers do a presentation many times in CAD we can use different lenses to change shape or lighting to emphasize, flatten or soften areas.

Basically our software mimics the photography studio with its camera and lights so the result of these effects is the same as reality. So to the untrained eye pics can be misleading. Also a simple shadow can give an impression of depth.

As for the official pics they are typical studio setup with area lights among others to get that wonderful glossy reflection. The effect also has turned out fuzzy and warm like airbrushing without stencils.

Cheers, :D

Walt

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ultima16888 said:
I think it's cuz the European version has no back tire and the design looks more proper with shorter cargo space... but maybe the US version is still gonna look like crap in person.
I think ONLY the RAV4 X-model has no back tire...i.e the 2.2 diesel one.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I know about the reflection, but it's just the silver color used on official website, looks really ugly. color plays a big part in design as well, darker color usually brings out the shape(design) better then lighter color (looks flat)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I understand your point on color but I don’t think I was understood.
“the blurry effect” and how it was created was just one explaination on how a photo of a product in studio is created.
I don’t particularly don’t like that effect but that’s not the issue.
The below link will show you some of our work with clients like Nescafe, Ford, Kia and others which hopefully may give you an understanding how complex CAD modeling and Virtual Photography is.

http://www.at-design.ca/multimedia.htm

Cheers, :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts