Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well well. It was about time. Today I had a ticket given to me by our local PRPD. They were very professional. They even walked me to the patrol car and showed me the radar. I was just not pleased , what it had me down for, 86 mph, in a 40 mph zone. I also pass two other vehicles, on the right side.:? I was about to argue the speed, it wasn't 86, it was more like 96 mph. But, you know how it is :) :) I owe the government of PR $190.00 :roll: Oh well, you can't win them all.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a trap guys, honest it was a wide open road with four going, four coming. The only thing I did wrong was go on the extreme right [emergency line] to pass two cars.

I just kept 8). I knew I was wrong. So I just followed them to the police station and got a brand new ticket from a fresh pad. :) . Looks like business was good today.

If I would of argued, they would of looked under the hood and under the car and really given me at least $2,000.00 in tickets. :shock:

Lesson learned:
You bet. :roll:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Looks like the cops were very favorable to you today my friend. :D If you look at the speeding ticket carefully, they made a mistake and wrote down only 68 mph in a 40 mph zone. Much better IMO than getting a ticket for 86! And I definitely wouldn't be arguing to the officer about actually going 96 mph. :shock: That would definitely get you arrested here. Maybe even get your license taken away. :shock:

Take it easy out there, many drivers just want to get from here to there in one piece. Maybe you should start to listen to some relaxing music while driving. It really helps me mellow out my driving. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
mensajero said:
Here is the trophy
Far from something to brag about, you should consider yourself very lucky, as you got written for 68 in a 40. Here, if you got caught doing 86 in a 40, you would no longer be driving and chances are you'd probably do a little lockup time.

Sorry to sound like a prude. I've gotten hit a few times, but usually by overzealous cops trying to make their monthly quota (I once got a ticket for doing 28mph in a 25mph residential zone)...

Just slow down a bit. Last thing most of us want to read is a post by another forum member who tested the tensile strength of the roof and A-pillars.

Wayne

·
Registered
432 Posts
Man you're definitely lucky with that price. Here in Jackson where I live, the base ticket is $80 for anything and starting at 5 mph over. It increases by $80 for every 5 mph over that as well. That = wicked ticket in my town. :evil:

Sounds like you're getting the same disease I have....need for speed. :wink:

Be careful :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
My last ticket was early 2004 when I still had my 2003 Honda Accord or ("The Rocket Ship") as I used to call it. It was at the beginning of a month long trip my wife and I were on to the USA. The RCMP here in Canada don't smile when you are going 140 Km/hr in a 100 zone. It didn't feel that fast. The cop wrote me up for 129 with a little sympathy and said it would mean I would only loose 2 points instead of 4 on the "demerit system".

It was at that point that I decided that getting where we were going in one piece was the most important thing. We were racing an impending snow storm but to no avail we were hung up for a day in a hotel because of it anyway.

Slowing down was the smartest thing I could have done because the 14,000 Km trip went great afterwards with no more tickets.

Stay safe! Later. M. :lol:

E

·
0 Posts
Wow, u were lucky, gud price.

The last time I got a ticket was a year ago, I was late for exam so I made a U-turn on road where U-turns are not allowed and what happened..lol I made a U-turn but did not notice cops at the curb, so when I made a half of the turn, I was facing these cops.. haha, they were actually laughing. After talking for a while they gave me a discount on my ticket (took half price off) and wished me good luck. :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
well what ever you do don't drive in Keller TX. Cops have nothing else to do here but give tickets. Go to Roy radar detector. ha ha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts