Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little laughing gas would really give the push I’ll need just for some more fun on the road. The other day I was going to Bayamon and this dude in a V6 Camry was on top of my rear spare tire. They came along side and started to kind of laugh. I paid no attention. Until the light turned green. I said good bye, as much as they tried to catch-up, they were reading my license plate all the way. Guys, it’s doing some serious power, inside of its power range. After that, it needs some help. How much would be on the safe side regarding NOS for this engine? :wink:
http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would say that around a 50 to 75 HP shot would be safe for a stock engine. Anything above that may be pushing it a little far. I won't even consider it until I get everything all done and be able to purchase a NOS system worth having 150 HP+.

But that's me :lol:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, around how many miles do you have on your motor right now? How many of those would you consider to be "hard" driving miles? (I.E. racing, high reving, etc.) Do you take good care of it?

I work with and install systems onto other cars, one of the main things ou need to look at is the condition of the inside of the motor and the gaskets, seals, etc. Even with a low HP shot, some motors cant take the sudden surge of power.

Unless you have an ungodly amount of miles on the RAV, I reallly dont see a problem, as long as you keep it 50hp or under. Really, its not about the motor on the RAV, im nore conserned about the tranny being able to take the power. But yeah, I really dont see any reason why you shouldnt be able to use it. Just be careful, you'll definately be suprized the first time you use it ;)

OH and just a heads up to anyone and everyone... DO NOT confuse Nitrous Oxide (for cars) with Nitrous Dioxide (laughing gas) as N2O is toxic and can kill you.... N2O and NO2 may look alike, but where that 2 is makes a big difference....

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding miles, it has 60,010 miles. But I've take care of my engine religiously. Ever 3000 miles, fresh oil and filter. It also has an oil cooler. But not the inky dinky one that comes with the RAV4. It is a Derale. It also cools the 5 speed gear box. It has had its share of punishment. It has a TRD Thermostat with Radiator Cap. What I mean it that these things help the engine a great deal. Do I qualify?

T

·
0 Posts
mensa, hummmm i dont know bout nitrous on ur car, u advanced the timing didnt you, plus you have all those little computer thingies, if im not mistaken check out the website for ur little computer thing u bought, if u run NITROUS with that little computer-magicgi, you will blow your engine, trust me i run a 75 wet shot on my rav, and have no problems with it, but if you advance ur timing and run nitrous u are sure to mess some stuff up

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE REAL SHORTY said:
mensa, hummmm i dont know bout nitrous on ur car, u advanced the timing didnt you, plus you have all those little computer thingies, if im not mistaken check out the website for ur little computer thing u bought, if u run NITROUS with that little computer-magicgi, you will blow your engine, trust me i run a 75 wet shot on my RAV, and have no problems with it, but if you advance ur timing and run nitrous u are sure to mess some stuff up
Thanks TRS, Yes, I checked the Tri-Phase web site and sure enough. No NOS.:cry: Was it you the dude who had the Media Plays of your NOS in action?

Give us a run down on how to install and some pictures of your great project. How it has been working and what surprizes me or anyone else come run into. It should be a very interesting post. :)

M

·
0 Posts
nitrous

Don't do it if you advance timing.. Double check things twice, and I'd never spray more than a 50hp shot on the stock engine.

Q

·
0 Posts
well kickin back up a old thread =) hehe im not in the realestate game actually ive been running the family biz and doing the car stuff. as for the nos i had a 50 shot. the 3sfe is a good block and can handle it fine. just make sure your fuel doesnt lean out =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts