Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping remote starters for my 2015 Rav. Today I stopped by a local dealer to check on options and he's doing an install tomorrow on another 2015 rav. He said the firmware was released for the bypass and he wouldn't have to give up a key. This will be his first time trying it so I'll check with him tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes. He installs Python\viper.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Should be no problem. I believe it will be an iDatalink ADS AL-CA bypass ( or the sister FLCAN ) module flashed with the DL TL9 firmware. They just made the official "general availability" announcement on November 9th. Don't think that either DEI XpressKit ( DB-ALL2 ) or Fortin ( EVO-ALL ) have a "no-key-required" solution yet. Here is a link for more info :
iDatalink - DL-TL9

Reactions: YellowFellow

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm shopping remote starters for my 2015 Rav. Today I stopped by a local dealer to check on options and he's doing an install tomorrow on another 2015 rav. He said the firmware was released for the bypass and he wouldn't have to give up a key. This will be his first time trying it so I'll check with him tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes. He installs Python\viper.
So what does the dealer charge for this install?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I didn't mean a local Toyota dealer, I meant a local Auto Service dealer. I've checked with two local installers one does the Python install, he is quoting me $350 installed for a two way system (no LCD on the remote). The compustar dealer is quoting me $399 for a two way system. I'm leaning towards the compustar system as I hear the warranty is better than the Viper\Python

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome news on the new firmware! I have been waiting for this and now that winter is almost here, I believe I am going to tackle this project. Just finished with a rewire of all my speakers + amp and sub so I'm itching for a new project on the car.

Thanks for the update 2013 RAV4 XLE!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Should be no problem. I believe it will be an iDatalink ADS AL-CA bypass ( or the sister FLCAN ) module flashed with the DL TL9 firmware. They just made the official "general availability" announcement on November 9th. Don't think that either DEI XpressKit ( DB-ALL2 ) or Fortin ( EVO-ALL ) have a "no-key-required" solution yet. Here is a link for more info :
iDatalink - DL-TL9
I received an email from Fortin a few days ago that states both their EVO-ONE and EVO-ALL systems are now no-key solutions.
https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/toyota/rav4/2013-h-key/

·
Registered
97 Posts
I received an email from Fortin a few days ago that states both their EVO-ONE and EVO-ALL systems are now no-key solutions.
https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/toyota/rav4/2013-h-key/

Yes, looks like Fortin now has a solution for the Toyota H key. Think iDatalink beat them to the punch. Found an error or two in the EVO-ALL install guide. Probably in a rush to get it out they didn't proof read it closely.

·
Registered
50 Posts
From my experience......DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A POS TOYOTA REMOTE START!! THEY ARE JUNK IMO......After messing with the TOYOTA remote starter we got with our new 2013 RAV 4 Limited, I went to a local shop and had the old one removed and an aftermarket remote start with the notification function installed on the RAV 4. It is great and we are very happy with it. I threw the $600.00 POS factory remote starter away because it was so bad that my conscience wouldn't let me sell it to another owner.

I repeat:
DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A POS TOYOTA REMOTE START!! THEY ARE JUNK IMO......

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is the OEM remote start system really that bad?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts