Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a Prius today, and had been thinking about trading in the RAV. I was not impressed, but love the thought of the hybrid, and all that comes with it; also, that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with feeling like you're doing something good for the world. How long do you think it will be before the RAV becomes a hybrid?

Also; I started to get misty eyed when they drove my RAV off to appraise it. I was so glad to get back into it. I ArmorAlled it in the parking lot and will vacuum it out if it ever stops raining. I'm a sap but I love the thing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I know just how you feel about getting misty-eyed. That's exactly why the only reason I could bear to part with my Rav was to get another Rav! And even then it was very hard. The night we actually turned her over, I knew the buyers were coming to pick her up, but it was supposed to be a couple hours after I got off work. I had planned to take her for one last long country drive. I was really upset when I pulled in my driveway after work and the people were already there!!! At least I'm pretty sure she went to a good home.

Becky

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Lauran520 said:
I test drove a Prius today, and had been thinking about trading in the RAV. I was not impressed, but love the thought of the hybrid, and all that comes with it; also, that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with feeling like you're doing something good for the world. How long do you think it will be before the RAV becomes a hybrid?
Hybrids just don't make sense yet. Overall your RAV is probably doing more "good" for the world than a Prius.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060331/sff031.html?.v=38
The most Energy Expensive vehicle sold in the U.S. in calendar year 2005: Maybach at $11.58 per mile. The least expensive: Scion xB at $0.48 cents.

For example, while the industry average of all vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2005 was $2.28 cents per mile, the Hummer H3 (among most SUVs) was only $1.949 cents per mile. That figure is also lower than all currently offered hybrids and Honda Civic at $2.42 per mile.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Lauran,

I would wait awhile on the purchase of your new vehicle until something really good comes around.
Don’t forget that there is a big interest in ethanol right now and I believe they will be changing are diesel fuel soon so wait and see how those work out.

I am guessing that you probably already do other things to help the environment.
Here is what I have done so far to help the environment:

Re-insulated the home. 50 percent less consumption. :D :D

I don’t use to many toxic chemicals they sell in the department store like, liquid draino, Javex, Floor cleaners and other harsh cleaners.

Dispose of any chemicals like paint properly.

Dry the cloths on a close line. (5 min in the dryer to get loose fibers off , kill bact. / mites etc.)

I run the air conditioner sparingly. Manually on / off and not on a temp setting. & with more insulation you will need to run it much less.

Plan my shopping trips well.

Buy quality products, energy efficient if possible and maintain them. Cooking appliances / yard equipment / hair dryers/ Toyota :wink:

Cheers Walt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts