Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.... had an accident, crunched a small part of the front, left side of my bumper and the light sheild...where do i find a replacement bumper for my 2000 toyota rav 4?! im checking ebay... toyota says the part runs $700!!! it's a piece of PLASTIC! =( the ones on ebay say they're "covers" but that's what I need right? My mom lowered the insurance when I went abroad through til May but hasnt renewed it and so I don't have collision - so I'm funding all my repairs myself! =(

like this one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...33640QQitemZ7986977174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

shameful pictures:

what does extension mean?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Get it from eBay, that is a good deal. Although I have seen the front bumper being auctioned for lower than that price every so often. :)

If you are patient enough, even the front turn signal that you need will turn up on eBay too.

Replacing the front bumper on our RAVs (4.1) are very easy; I've taken them off and put them on again many times. Let me know if you need any help in this area. As for your question about the extension, I believe they are referring to the front fender flare extensions that extended down into the front bumper. By looking at your pictures, you do not have the front extensions. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Agreed, You can find them on ebay for between $150-$200. They will come unpainted of course. The turn signals are common and go for $45 on ebay. A multitude of screws, but that's it and the bumper comes right off. Make sure the reinforcement bar is not bent. If it is, yup, you can find that on ebay also, for cheap. Good luck. My Rav4 had the same damage. Slid down a snow covered hill. I essentially changed the same parts minus the reinforcement bar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good good good to know. what term do i use to search for the turn signal/running light set? i couldn't get it to come up on ebay...

toyota said that when they come "primed" they come in that silver color...but none are that on ebay...buti'll keep my eyes open, it's ugly but not car-threatening... =(

and yes i think the reinforcement bar might be bent, there's a piece of metal that got crunched slightly that I can see within the piece of open bumper...any help/tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess this post is a little old, but I can't find any info on the bumper extensions. I need a new bumper, bracket and maybe the radiator support, but with the bumper, can someone describe what they mean by "with extensions" or "without extensions"

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
vwvannut said:
I guess this post is a little old, but I can't find any info on the bumper extensions. I need a new bumper, bracket and maybe the radiator support, but with the bumper, can someone describe what they mean by "with extensions" or "without extensions"

Thanks
I believe what they mean is if it has fender flares or not... the arches that go over the fenders...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts