Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I picked up my new VLE yesterday and I'm having problems with the Bluetooth handsfree and wondered if anyone has had the same issue. I paired all 3 family phones without any problems along with their respecvtive contact lists. The phones are: iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 and Blackberry Bold. The 4s and Bold are less than a year old and my son's iPhone 5 is 2 weeks old, so I'm not dealing with older, obsolete technology. I have the same issue with all 3 phones.

We can place an outbound call successfully however the the called party cannot here me from inside the RAV. All 3 phones can receive incoming calls however occupants in the Rav cannot be heard by the external party. I've read the manuals cover and cover and I'm not aware that I missed any steps. My only other thought was that the microphone is not working. I'll go back to the dealer next week but I thought I'd just inquire in case their was some small step I'd missed.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
My Galaxy S2 LTE works flawlessly on the phone side.

However there's one little thing... I like to use internet radio on my phone to play over the car speakers via Bluetooth... once I start using BT audio it starts playing the music on my phone by default. So I have to stop the mp3's on my phone from playing in order to use the internet radio. Small little tiny problem that's all. I have the SanDisc Cruzer flash drive with ALL my music on it anways, so I might just take the mp3's off my phone and that will solve the problem. I think playing internet radio in my car is awesome... lets me get radio stations I love that I cant get in my region via the normal car radio.

P.S. I highly recommend the SanDisc Cruzer Fit flash drives. They are freaking TINY ... you don't even see them plugged in unless you look close. They go up to 64G but the 32G is plenty for me.... stores like 5000 songs or something like that. More than I'll ever need. The Rav4.4 6 inch display audio lets me go through them brilliantly as long as you have them organized properly on the flash drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem on 2013 RAV4 XLE (non-NAV version)

Brand-spanking new RAV4, no navigation system. Bluetooth works perfect EXCEPT that the people I call can't hear anything I say (though I can hear them fine). Dealer managed to call up a secret menu screen by pushing certain buttons while playing with the windshield wiper control. From there, they increased the outbound volume from 0 to 5 (0 is the default, where the full range is -5 to +5). Unfortunately, THIS DIDN'T HELP. So then they ordered me a new microphone to see if that would solve the problem. That was yesterday. Today they told me the microphone is on "national back order" and may take anywhere from a week to a month or more for it to come in.
:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Turn up the volume (the stereo volume). Every car we've had that's had bluetooth when we received it had this issue, and every time it's been simply the internal mic volume is set to basically 0, thus inaudible.

When a call is connected, turn up the volume. I'd bet money it fixes your issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loose microphone wire

Rava4 .......when I took it back to the dealership with this same problem, the salesman tried fooling with some settings and then asked a tech have a look. The tech popped off the covering for the mic and low and behold one of the wires wasn't attached. It's all good now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow-up re microphone on bluetooth

Follow-up to my previous post. Dealer replaced the microphone, so now my bluetooth hands-free phone works fine.:)
Regarding other posts, I think the loose-wire suggested by one person was a possibility. But I know the volume setting (suggested by another) was NOT an issue. Turning the stereo volume up (yes, I tried) just affected my ability to hear the other person, but didn't affect their ability to hear me. As noted in my earlier post, the dealer went into a hidden setting (not available unless you know how to access it) to change the volume on the outbound mike; but that didn't make any difference, probably because the original microphone was bad or because it had a loose connection.
BTW, I had to wait a couple days for the part to arrive, then the repair took about 2 hours on a walk-in basis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem on 2013 RAV4 XLE (non-NAV version)

Brand-spanking new RAV4, no navigation system. Bluetooth works perfect EXCEPT that the people I call can't hear anything I say (though I can hear them fine). Dealer managed to call up a secret menu screen by pushing certain buttons while playing with the windshield wiper control. From there, they increased the outbound volume from 0 to 5 (0 is the default, where the full range is -5 to +5). Unfortunately, THIS DIDN'T HELP. So then they ordered me a new microphone to see if that would solve the problem. That was yesterday. Today they told me the microphone is on "national back order" and may take anywhere from a week to a month or more for it to come in.
:(
[/QUOTE

i have a rav4 2013 XLE got the same issue, i changed the mic but the problem continue,

suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts