Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have other cars and never has a rear suspension been this hard. Whenever it hits some ditches I feel a hard jolt instead of car sucking it up. Is it just me or these 15 models are like that? Any recommendations on rear shock replacements?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have other cars and never has a rear suspension been this hard. Whenever it hits some ditches I feel a hard jolt instead of car sucking it up. Is it just me or these 15 models are like that? Any recommendations on rear shock replacements?
yess... mine like that too..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really ?

Pretty much that way since 2006, a BMW it is not.
BMW ??. I had a forester and a Honda Pilot in the past and none had such bad rear shock setup. It does not have to be a BMW to expect smooth ride.
Wonder what replacement options are available

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
I agree with you. I know of no replacement options as many here have sought a solution to no avail. I will say that tires can make a marked difference because we recently experienced it on our two RAVs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I still have my 2013 Limited... Going over bumps and potholes will chip a tooth. Never owned a Toyota with suspension like this.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The rear suspension was significantly improved from the factory in 2016. There were a number of substantial changes like modified welding and structural points, but I wonder if they softened the shocks as well. It would be interesting to see if the rear shocks have different part numbers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I have to ask...did you all buy this car over the Internet and not take it for a test drive? I mean really...you all make it sound like you are driving a tank or something! Didn't you drive it around the block a few times before throwing down your hard earned cash?
Not claiming to be a victim at all. I test drove my Rav on a day that was under 30°
I figured the cold weather may have had something to do with the stiff ride.

My real mistake on this purchase was already owning 9 Toyotas before this one
and being mentally conditioned into confidence of the products.

I mean, at that point, you figure these guys know what they're doing.
In the case of the 2013 Rav4 suspension, NOPE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 rav4 and when it goes over bumps and small hole it hits really hard as he'll i mean a loud bang like if the shocks were worn out it only has 16,000 miles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts