Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a standard item on the V6 Sport? If not, does toyota offer this as an add-on option...how much does it cost? What does the spare cover look like if its not the hard shell?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Hard shell covers painted to match the vehicle are standard on all 2006 US RAVs. The "Limited" version is a two piece cover (front and back) that snap/buckle together... allowing the outer cover to be LOCKED on. The base and sport models has a hard outer cover that's held on by an elastic/vinyl band (very tight fit).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone know if the Limited Hard-shell will fit on the 18" wheels on the Sport? I might want to see if I could get one someday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks flyingn

I knew I would get an answer (maybe one I didn't like but an answer nonetheless) on RAV4World.

Having read your posts, you seem to have a lot of info on the RAV4, along with many other people on this site. Toyota should set up a Q&A site and hire all of you to run it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Why wouldn't the Limited spare tire shell NOT fit? The over-all diameter of the 17" and 18" tire packages are within a 1/2".

Consider the fact that both the base and sport models come with the same spare cover. You guys already know the wheel sizes between the 2.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What may be more important is the aspect ratio of the tires and the offset of the rims between the two 4.3 models. I would say that someone will have to take a chance and see whether it will fit or not.

Back when the 4.2 RAVs were first released, I really liked the hard spare tire cover. I took the chance and bought one from the dealer, and luckily the wheel/tire combo between the 4.1 and 4.2 were similar. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts