Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a standard item on the V6 Sport? If not, does toyota offer this as an add-on option...how much does it cost? What does the spare cover look like if its not the hard shell?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Hard shell covers painted to match the vehicle are standard on all 2006 US RAVs. The "Limited" version is a two piece cover (front and back) that snap/buckle together... allowing the outer cover to be LOCKED on. The base and sport models has a hard outer cover that's held on by an elastic/vinyl band (very tight fit).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks flyingn

I knew I would get an answer (maybe one I didn't like but an answer nonetheless) on RAV4World.

Having read your posts, you seem to have a lot of info on the RAV4, along with many other people on this site. Toyota should set up a Q&A site and hire all of you to run it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Why wouldn't the Limited spare tire shell NOT fit? The over-all diameter of the 17" and 18" tire packages are within a 1/2".

Consider the fact that both the base and sport models come with the same spare cover. You guys already know the wheel sizes between the 2.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I do not think that there is a 1/2" clearence in my Limited's hard cover. I could be mistaken but Im pretty sure it would not fit.

And maybe Toyota knew that the one cover would have to fit both wheels so they may have made it a bit bigger

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What may be more important is the aspect ratio of the tires and the offset of the rims between the two 4.3 models. I would say that someone will have to take a chance and see whether it will fit or not.

Back when the 4.2 RAVs were first released, I really liked the hard spare tire cover. I took the chance and bought one from the dealer, and luckily the wheel/tire combo between the 4.1 and 4.2 were similar. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts