Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i spotted a hard spare tire cover on ebay but i was told by a friend that it was only one piece and i would need two pieces for it to work. Apparently there is a second piece that attaches to the rear door. Is this correct? :?
God Bless
Drewden

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Hard spare tire cover originally for RAV4.1 - two pieces, does not attach to rear door.

Hard spare tire cover originally for RAV4.2 - two pieces, DOES attach to rear door.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
That's OK, although he doesn't say for some reason what style of hard cover he's talking about, I remember from a previous post of his that he was looking for a 4.2 cover.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yes, there are two pieces to the 4.2 hard spare tire cover. You have to be careful with EBay sellers because sometimes they will only sell the outer half. Probably because it is easy to steal if not retained with a lock. I see them sold all the time on EBay and wonder why they do not sell the back half too. :roll: Some sellers sell multiple front hard covers without the back half and you gotta wonder... :shock:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Derek said:
Yes, there are two pieces to the 4.2 hard spare tire cover. You have to be careful with EBay sellers because sometimes they will only sell the outer half. Probably because it is easy to steal if not retained with a lock. I see them sold all the time on EBay and wonder why they do not sell the back half too. :roll: Some sellers sell multiple front hard covers without the back half and you gotta wonder... :shock:
True, very true Guru. That is why I stopped buying on EBay, too many sharks. They will eat you up alive. BTW, just today I re-installed my two piece rear hard cover. No letters yet. I guess that are still in the mail, rats. :cry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
one piece with vinyl

I saw, on ebay, a one piece cover that looks like the front half of the 4.2 cover that had a vinyl back half. The seller said that it was a accessory part.

Anyone in Hawaii selling a 4.2 2 piece cover?????

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mauka, what's up. :D I would definitely try eBay to get the 2 piece hard cover. I bought mines from the dealer when they first came out for the 4.2 RAVs and paid big $$$$$. The problem with most eBay sellers, is that they only sell the top half. Makes you think that these are probably stolen off of someone elses RAV. :cry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question for Derek

Hey Derek, I got a outer half of a 4.2 hard cover and was wondering how much is the inner part. Do you know the pricing? Got it off Craigslist and they wanted $50 but when I told them that it was missing the back they told me I could have it but I felt bad and gave them $20 anyways. I hope the rear half doesn't cost big bucks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: one piece with vinyl

MaukaRunner said:
I saw, on ebay, a one piece cover that looks like the front half of the 4.2 cover that had a vinyl back half. The seller said that it was a accessory part.

Anyone in Hawaii selling a 4.2 2 piece cover?????
I used to have one of those. They look quite good, and at a fraction of the cost of the proper cover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts