Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone... if i got a hard spare tire cover for the 97 Rav, is it just the hard cover or is there another attachment piece that attaches to the Rav?? :)
Thanks

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Nothing attaches to the car itself. The hard spare tire cover, assuming you're talking about the '96-00 style, is two pieces. There's one piece (the part that says Toyota RAV4 on it) that covers the face of the tire and wheel and then there's a clamshell piece that wraps around the tread of the tire. The second piece holds the first piece on, and has a clasp at the bottom to tighten it. You can attach a padlock to the clasp to secure it.

Note that there are two different '96-00 hard tire covers depending on whether the tire is a 215/70R16 or 235/60R16, so make sure you get the right one.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
pancake said:
I think the plain hard tire cover is boring, although I like how its attached. Would it be possible to sand it down, and have it painted? I'm thinking black outside with white inside, RAV4 painted black. 8) How much does one go for?
If you go for it new, it's in the $400.00 range. So, do what I did, go to EBay for $79.00, including shipping. It was a little dinged up but I send it to a body and fender shop and you would of never know the difference. Recently I dinged it up again at a carwash, I got $200.00 from the station insurance :wink: I'm waiting to get the chrome letter to install it again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mensa, the one you have on is the one i am looking to get. Saw one on ebay but they want $113UD. :) i don't know?? :)
God Bless

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Don't worry drewden, sooner or later a cheap one will pop up. I'll keep a watch out also, and let you know if something comes up. When I got mine, it had a crack about four inches long. I just used Epoxy. Man, it still holds like a ROCK. I've even painted it twice already, and it still in excellent shape. I'm installing mine tomorrow. Man, it just look cool and neat and it something different. That is why it look cool. Out of the ordinary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts