Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this RAV4.2 hard spare wheel cover off ebay for $170. Just got it back from the body shop today where it got colour coded to match my RAV for $150. Makes the arse end of the RAV4.1 look more modern, as most new 4WDs with a door mounted spare come with some sort of hard cover these days. Next step is to get all the grey and black bits on my RAV colour coded as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Love how the hard wheel cover looks on the 4.1 rav's.... thinkin of doing the same on mine :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Very nice indeed. DOes anyone have a photo of a 4.1 with the cladding painted the same body color? I have a red RAV4 that is ready for a repaint and I was wondering how it would look like if it was all red? Thanks for your help :wink:

B

·
0 Posts
very nice!!

do you happen to know the name of the seller on ebay?

wondering if he has anymore Hard Covers 8)

B

·
0 Posts
Mohit said:
Next step is to get all the grey and black bits on my RAV colour coded as well.
Wait, if you just paint all that grey area, will it look the same as the top half of your Rav4? I thought that if you painted it, it would still look all plastic-like and cheap. How much would this cost on average and would all decent body paint shops be able to do this?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least AU$1500 to paint all bumpers, door cladding, fender flares, rear view mirrors, door handles, washer jets and rear spoiler. I can only afford it when i get my tax return in a few months time.

B

·
0 Posts
Oh wow, sorry...I thought that painted plastic would look bad when compared to the painted metal we have. That looks great! :lol:

I'm gunna do that after my soundproofing and engine mods (keeping an organized schedule)! Thanks for the info! :thumbs_up:

R

·
0 Posts
So you are tellin me that you can put a new model 4.2 spair tire cover on a 4.1? Does it go on easly?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts