Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just doing some shopping and and i was looking to get some info strictly on the soft top vs hard top.

please add your reasoning behind an opinion if you have one.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't own either since they're so hard to find. Anyway, I prefer the soft top because it looks fun but I've heard several people say that it is also a pain because over time the softtop goes bad and rain starts to leak in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
soft top is definitely fun. i'd have almost as much fun in a hardtop.. the top's are definitely showing their age.. something needs to be done... not cheap. but i'm not cheap on maintenance anyways. i consider it a classic of sorts, i think if i take care of it, it can only go up in value. not that i ever plan to sell. not fast but i drive it like a go kart and love every second of it. my daily driver and i never want to stop. feels so nice to come out to a parking lot and see my happy red rav standing out wherever it's parked. cant comment on head turning because i did some things and people always look. mine is a 98 base model fwd 5spd no ac/abs. just love it. hope to upgrade it eventually but even basic is a joy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts