Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed a few payments on my Rav4. Chase cancelled my loan a few weeks ago. I was actually about to pay the balance, but they said too late, pay the whole thing or we take the car. So I told them to take the car. But the thing is it's been out for repossession since I think the second missed payment. A few months now. No one's ever shown up. They have my current address, and they have my number. They claimed they gave my number to the repo company, but they haven't called. Which is completely logical, they'd probably think, "Oh, yeah, sure, we call, they move the car". Chase isn't being helpful at all when I contact them and are basically saying there's nothing they can do about it.

So I have a cancelled loan, they won't modify the agreement, they won't take the car, and I have no idea how to resolve the issue. Meanwhile, my car needs repairs that I'm not sure are worth doing because of this. I'm doing the small stuff, but some of the other things I'm putting off now. Like my ac has leaks, hopefully just from the valves since I can change those myself.

I do have another car to use, my wife just bought a 2019 Elantra, so I'm not without wheels. This is already screwing up my credit, my fault, I know, but to get a different car at some point in the future I need them to take this car. I can try to pay for it, but I still owe $9,000+ on the loan and I'm not sure if that's worth paying. That would take me about two months to make, but that means working every day all day. If I do that my credit is still screwed up because of them cancelling that loan, and I'll wind up paying $9,000 for a car worth about $4,000 on trade. My wife's credit is good enough to finance a second car if we put money down on it.

Does anyone know how to get a car repossessed when they don't want to actually get it?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Over twenty years ago I performed my own bankruptcy filing.

Had a loan on a vehicle at the time. however, the loan had NOT become delinquent. I drove the vehicle to the closest Bank of America, parked it in their lot, walked in and dropped the keys on the desk of a bank employee.

She looked at me like I was an alien fresh off my spaceship.

I laughed, pointed out the window behind her, told her that the white pickup truck she was looking at belonged to BofA and those were its keys and walked out . . . . . softly chuckling.

If you're able to find out the name and location of the repo company, you could always deliver the vehicle to them?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over twenty years ago I performed my own bankruptcy filing.

Had a loan on a vehicle at the time. however, the loan had NOT become delinquent. I drove the vehicle to the closest Bank of America, parked it in their lot, walked in and dropped the keys on the desk of a bank employee.

She looked at me like I was an alien fresh off my spaceship.

I laughed, pointed out the window behind her, told her that the white pickup truck she was looking at belonged to BofA and those were its keys and walked out . . . . . softly chuckling.

If you're able to find out the name and location of the repo company, you could always deliver the vehicle to them?
I don't think they want to tell me the name of the company probably for the same reason said company hasn't called, in case I don't want to turn it in. If I knew for a fact they weren't going to get the car any time soon I might do the repairs it needs. I can still use the car, it's just frustrating not knowing. I use it for Uber and Lyft. My ac having gone out is a problem if it's not just the valve stems that are leaking. Those I can replace, but if it's a more serious issue I don't want to spend money on those types of repairs if the bank's going to show up one day in the near future.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Sounds like you have legal issues you might want to run past an attorney. Otherwise, I'd be hesitant to put any work/money into a car you may or may not own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts