Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to splurge on the OEM hitch installed by the dealership because I expected it would look the best instead of an aftermarket hitch drooping down below. I'm pretty disappointed with the way the molding/trim simply doesn't seem to fit around that 90 degree corner. The dealership says they all look like that, although they are going to take it in and try to heat/cut it to make it look a bit cleaner next week. I'm skeptical that they ALL look like this... This is roughly what i would expect it to look like if I did the installation myself...

I'd love to see some pictures of the OEM hitch installs that actually look good so I can show them what I expect a dealership factory part to look like. Has anyone had a clean looking install of this hitch? please share!

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
15 Posts
I have the hitch with wiring harness. My dealer did not do the cutout as in the instructions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah that does look like a botched job on the trim work. I would definitely take it back and make them fix it. I'm leaning towards the OEM version because of the height as well. I will probably install it myself after seeing how they did yours.

·
Registered
213 Posts
They didn’t do the right angle cuts round enough or else the trim would have gone around ok. The trim itself is very forgiving and to see that means they seriously f’ed it up. I cut mine myself using a dremel and I cut less than what was asked in the template and it still fitted.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off Road
109 Posts
I decided to splurge on the OEM hitch installed by the dealership because I expected it would look the best instead of an aftermarket hitch drooping down below. I'm pretty disappointed with the way the molding/trim simply doesn't seem to fit around that 90 degree corner. The dealership says they all look like that, although they are going to take it in and try to heat/cut it to make it look a bit cleaner next week. I'm skeptical that they ALL look like this... This is roughly what i would expect it to look like if I did the installation myself...

I'd love to see some pictures of the OEM hitch installs that actually look good so I can show them what I expect a dealership factory part to look like. Has anyone had a clean looking install of this hitch? please share!

View attachment 161845
I had my OEM hitch installed as part of the original car purchase. My dealership did a much better job as you can see in the photo, so don't let your dealership BS you. The OEM hitch was the best choice of all those available, as long as the dealer does a proper job. Go show them how it is supposed to look.

LR-0908.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts

Added this when I purchased 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE Premium. The service department put this on after we purchased the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
49 Posts
I will find out on Wednesday when I go pick up my RAV4. I hope it will be clean looking as Rvr23, M2R, or PNWTeacher’s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts