Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea of having the parking mode many dash cams offer but it would require hardwiring, so that leads me to a few questions. Has anyone here done that? If so, what do I need to do? If I don't install it myself where would I go to have a professional install it?

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 XSE
594 Posts
I took mine to BestBuy. I know a guy who has been installing remote starters, cameras, gps, etc. in all our cars for years. He does excellent work. YMMV with your local BestBuy.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yes i did that with my Blackvue 750S 2channel. Used a fusetap on the HAZ fuse (10A), which gives constant 12V battery power. Took the 12V ACC with wiretaps from the back of the 12V/15A power outlet in the center console. Everthing works just fine, combined with a Blackvue B112 batterypack and Power Magic Pro (both build into the center console; a lot of empty space in there) to prevent the car's battery from draining under 12V.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t have parking mode but I used positaps to get power from the sunroof, connected to a usb converter, and a short cable. It was a pain, but relatively short project and the cam is invisible behind the mirror, looks like it was original equipment. The map lights might have power all the time and you could do the same thing. Positaps are the bees knees!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes i did that with my Blackvue 750S 2channel. Used a fusetap on the HAZ fuse (10A), which gives constant 12V battery power. Took the 12V ACC with wiretaps from the back of the 12V/15A power outlet in the center console. Everthing works just fine, combined with a Blackvue B112 batterypack and Power Magic Pro (both build into the center console; a lot of empty space in there) to prevent the car's battery from draining under 12V.
How did you get to the back of the center console?

·
Registered
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
15 Posts
I've wired a front/rear dashcam that has parking mode. Specifically this kit. Used 2 add-a-fuse kits to tap into the fusebox on the drivers side and connected it to the 3 wire hardwire kit. This sends power to the front dash base and then another USB wire is routed from this to the rear.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Here is a video of a Dash cam Install...

You don't need a trim tool. Take off the shifter knob (easy, pull the shroud down, and remove the spring clip at the back side of the knob. Pull the knob right off.
Then grab the shifter cover panel at the center tray side (enough to grab there), and simply pull it up. After that you can pull it out completely (just take care of the wiring) so it will be out of the way. The removal of the centre tray is easy then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's really handy to know another way to remove panel. I agree you can easily get a butter knife behind the tray or flat screwdriver so very easy to lift up and you won't scratch anything. It is so easy to access the aux power it makes for a quick installation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.