Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I found an article slamming these seats saying that the seat reclining mechanism is subject to failure so these seats are out. Hmmm got to look for something better.

I use my RAV4 for an office and I drive loooong distances and I really want a more comfortable seat, but it has to be safe and be durable as well.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I still have the stock seats, I've been too busy with other life events to get back to chasing down seats. I hear the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 FORD FOCUS ST RECARO front seats are great but pricey. And, I haven't looked to see how they would mate up to the RAV4's seat rails.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, you got me back on thinking about seats again and I contacted Corbeau and they said that they don't recommend them for rock climbers and aggressive off-roaders as they may fail, those folks should use seats with fixed backs. I really like the style and the comfort level of the seat and they aren't overpriced, I think I will go ahead and give them a shot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For their brand reputation, I would be surprised that anything would fail, especially for daily driver use. Let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For their brand reputation, I would be surprised that anything would fail, especially for daily driver use. Let me know how it goes.
I'll post it on an seat mod thread and link that thread here when I buy and install them. Right now I'm installing a mossy oak vinyl wrap over the entire vehicle, well except for the plastic trim that, I'm painting that satin black. When I finish that I'm installing sound deadening material under the carpet and headliner, so I'll probably get the seats at that time while I have everything out. At least a couple of weeks away.

If you buy the seats you also have to purchase the seat brackets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts