Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2016 SE with stock 18" rims that I did a tire swap to reduce road noise in. Running the Michelin Premiers now, and yes they helped, but now I'm considering the size swap from 235-55-18 to 225-60-18 to get a bit better. I know 17's will be better, but this is not bad enough to ditch the nice wheels that the SE came with. I have a 30 day ride guarantee that they will honor if I decide to. Question I have, will I notice ANY difference in noise going slightly taller and less wide? In theory I should, but looking for real world results before attempting.
I'm posting here intentionally because in the newer forum, not many have done a tire change yet. Thanks all.
Kevin--

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 17s but noticed just changing tires makes a difference. I put Pirelli scorpion verde plus tires on my rav4 and so far have noticed road noise is lower. Some noise has to do a lot with condition of roads as well. If theres bad roads in general, its hard for any tire to be quiet.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would think that 225/60/18s would fit fine. There are several sizes of tires that the RAVs come with . Our come stock with 225/65/17. So using the +1 sizing standard up, one inch increase in wheel size would require you to drop one aspect ratio unit (increments of 5) to keep the same outside diameter.

Just notices that you area 4.4 RAV4. You are posting in the 4.3 section. However my above statement still holds true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts