Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMHO, fake wood trim looks awful on pretty much any car.

Each to their own I guess.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't seen any dash trim kits for the 2006 yet. I'm sure they will start to show up soon given the production volumes of the Rav4.

I installed a dash trim kit on my Land Cruiser from Joshua Tree .. http://www.woodtrim.com. Very easy to install but you have to be patient in prepping the dash correctly, lightly heating the kit and then carefully putting the pieces in place. On a Rav4, I suspect that the carbon fiber or metal look kits will probably look beter than the wood kits. I also suspect that there will not be that many pieces to the kit given all the seriously curved surfaces on the dash.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baron G said:
IMHO, fake wood trim looks awful on pretty much any car.

Each to their own I guess.
flyingn said:
I agree baron.. At least on the new RAV. Other cars it looks fine tho. Lexas, Infinity etc
i kinda like wood trims, it makes a car look more classy. and if the wood trim looks fine on a lexus, i don't see why would it be so bad on a toyota. have you guys been to their website and seen their screenshots.

sloopG said:
I haven't seen any dash trim kits for the 2006 yet.
go to the link i posted

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I thought that all Lexus use real wood trim kit, maybe with the exception of the IS.
There are sites that sells real wood trim kits. Some plastic wood trim kits looks pretty good, it really depends on the quality. I agree with an earlier post that, there is nothing worst than a cheap plastic wood trim kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts