Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've had the older style Bowflex, the PowerPro, for years...since I think 1999. I had a super tiny house at the time and its ability to fold up into a 2' x 2' square (floor space that is...it's 6' tall) was a necessity for me.

Anyway, I really love the thing and use it every other day. There was a stretch of time when I didn't use it, and I definitely gained weight (the bad kind, not muscle :lol: ). Now I've been back on it for a while, plus walking, washing the Rav, housework, and various other exercise, and I'm definitely getting back into shape quickly. :D

As for payments, I did buy it on their payment plan but I vaguely remember that I somehow paid it off very quickly, so I wasn't on their payment plan for long. IIRC the payments were very reasonable, but the interest rate was high and I hate paying interest. I probably rolled it onto some introductory 0% interest thing or something.

Becky

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Becky, I recently bought the Bowflex Ultimate 2. I have been always a very athletic person. My PT test in the ARMY were very impressive [in a two minutes time limit each test, 70 Push ups, and 80 sit ups] and I ran very well also. But at 47, I guess I need some more help. My career as a teacher and university student has taken almost all my time.

I live in a small apartment and needed something that can be folded and put away. The best part is that my wife also loves to lift weight and exercise. we are trying to pull my son away from the Playstation XBox and Gameboy so we can ALL workout. We have a slogan on the island "Mente sana en, cuerpos sano" It goes more or less like this "A Healthy body, keeps a healthy mind"

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think it is a very good investment than paying for the gym...its yours and don't have to pay for it forever....

Keep SAFE and HEALTHY !!!!

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it, awesome equipment. I already have some pain in my bicep muscles. I little work had to be done when assembling the Bowflex Ultimate 2. It comes with cool software to. You just answer some questions and it comes out with a very helpful workout. It gives you a visual video on how to do specific exercise. I guess it will take me about three weeks to see some body fat lost. BTW, I'm keeping a bottle of Tylenol and Gatorade and of course, Ben gay to sooth the pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts