Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Love my new RAV Sport with one exception. The vinyl cover on the rear mounted spare tire.

Has anyone with a Sport or Base replaced this with the hardshell color matched cover available on the Limiteds? I'm assuming this is available through Toyota as an aftermarket accessory. Anyone know what it would cost?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ya........I totally agree with you, but I won't buy them from Toyota dealer if there is any cheaper alternative out there from the aftermarket, dealer usually sell them a lot more expensive than outside.
Is there anyone have order or installed a aftermarket Hardcover? please let us know.........

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My sport is a hard shell same color as rav I thought they all came like that. It was not listed as an option

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spankydoodle said:
My sport is a hard shell same color as RAV I thought they all came like that. It was not listed as an option
Canadian market RAV4 difference

·
Registered
66 Posts
I already cheched it out. $997 + taxes :shock: :shock:
I'm going crazy looking for an OEM cover like our friends in the US have on their LTD's (2 pc with lock). The best I came up with was http://toyota.autowebaccessories.com/store/toyota-rav4-spare-tire-cover-prod385_1642_16551.php?usid=3632b4b44e234f3f412b030a88c6056b for $177 US (great price :D ), only problem is a: it's the one without the lock (1 pc) (I can live with that) b: they don't ship to Canada because of international (region) agreements :cry: .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the meantime, I'd go w/o any cover at all if I were you. Since you have a Sport, you've got the spare 18 and to me it looks great. Just as good as if you had the hard cover. Either of those options is better than that soft cover in my opinion.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great idea milagro. I'll post some pictures of what the rear looks like on a Sport with not Vinyl cover once I take it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts