Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know whats weird?? They are selling like mad in our heavy populated area and we have not seen ONE other one driving yet on the road???? WE were out for hours today all over South Jersey too. Nothing! odd.

has anyone else seen one on the road yet?

J

·
0 Posts
I saw my first and only "2006" in the wild last week.
It was a pretty white one in Long Beach, Ca.

K

·
0 Posts
I haven't seen one yet. But I know dealers around me are only getting a couple in and can't keep them in stock. So don't think there's all that many driving around the Burgh yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Last weekend my wife took my daughter to the local playground and she said she parked right next to a BlizWhite. Of course she didnt know whose it was. When she left, it was gone, so they must have seen the beautiful red one next door.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I saw one today at IKEA's parking strip in Emerville, CA, behind the building. It was a greenish silver color, like member kuj has. At least in SF Bay Area 4.3s are not all that uncommon. Far East Bay dealerships ran out of 2005 models some time in December, so it stands to reason that 2006 started to appear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hehe...that wasn't me but we were thinking of going to IKEA but in Palo Alto but ended up at the Gilroy Outlets. :lol:

I got mine in Dublin and the salesman said they can't keep them on the lot. He was going to show us the exact color that we were going to get so we walked around the lot but coudn't find it. He said it was there before he left work the previous day.

I've only seen one other one in San Jose at Oakridge Mall. This was before we got ours. I think it was a beige color.

P

·
0 Posts
Kuj,

Any more picts of your greenie? Its one of the colors Im considering. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, but they're not nice. I'll try and snap some this Sunday if it's not cloudy or raining.

U

·
0 Posts
I didn't look for them prior to 1/26/06, but since then I've seen 6 or so here in the Denver area. One dealer told me he was selling/leasing 5 a day. - J.

R

·
0 Posts
The only 2006 RAV4 we have seen on the road is ours! I kinda like that! (selfish...aren't I?)

·
Registered
271 Posts
RAVishing said:
The only 2006 RAV4 we have seen on the road is ours! I kinda like that! (selfish...aren't I?)
If you want to keep it that way, stay away from 183 and 635 in Irving during rush hour . There is a Silver one and that's mine. Oh.. BTW, my wife told me there is another one at my daughter's school but I've not seen it.

Congratulations!!! Glad you're liking it.

R

·
0 Posts
KenDFW - If that's the area that you are traveling, you may be interested in this. A Speeding Ticket Every Ten Minutes.
----------------------------------------------
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:05 AM

Subject: speeding ticket frenzy

FYI

Dallas and the state of Texas will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay State Troopers and Dallas Police Officers overtime. There will be 50 police officers and state troopers in the Metroplex on duty at all times patrolling the 10 main intersections and highways.

They are the following:

I-35E north and south

I-20 east and west

75 north and south

635 entire loop

114 east and west

183 east and west

175 north and south

North Dallas Tollway north and south

George Bush Turnpike east and west

360 north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every officer is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you work in Dallas or the surrounding areas you must take one of these interstates, routes, or parkways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they see you. WBAP-820 AM confirmed all of this yesterday morning.

So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks Ravage for the info.. I think they should start a campaign solving reported crimes every 10 minutes. I would be willing to pay $500 more on my property tax to help foot their bills. Writing tickets for driving 5 mph over are easy. It does not solve any real issues but it could create accidents and trafic congestion too. Being overly careful driving sometimes could lead to another problem.

The other day I was frown to see someone driving with a beer. I think the traffic police should confiscate the driver's car. Oh well, the vehicle hardly worth anything in that case.

I've yet to see a new Rav4 for the last 30 days in Dallas. I can say I'm very fortunate to see a white Rav4 in Yokohama, Japan during my X'mas break.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts