Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
McSwine said:
I'm still wanting to get one, but not sure what to get.
Sportworks makes the best hitch mounted rack on the market but its a bit expensive. Thule now owns Sportworks. You would want to check out the Thule T2 which cost about $300 delivered from discount internet/mail order places.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
syadasti said:
McSwine said:
Sportworks makes the best hitch mounted rack on the market but its a bit expensive. Thule now owns Sportworks. You would want to check out the Thule T2 which cost about $300 delivered from discount internet/mail order places.
Thanks...

Will it clear the spare tire? That seems to be the major sticking point.

S

·
0 Posts
McSwine said:
syadasti said:
McSwine said:
Thanks...

Will it clear the spare tire? That seems to be the major sticking point.
Well I test drove a limited V6 4WD yesterday and used a tape measure (no hitch on it though). I am pretty sure it will clear by either moving the trays laterally or rotating the trays. The position lever in the loaded position was the only thing I wasn't sure about. If not it should definately clear the rear door with the down position on the rack (it has three positions - folded, flat (for loading bikes), and down position (you pull a pin and push a lever and the rack pivots down for more clearance).

I am not going to make my purchase decision until I test drive the Mazda CX7 and hear more about the new Outlander.

S

·
0 Posts
I think it will fit without the extender.

I see on etrailer.com valley has a hitch now, looks nicer than the others I've seen, reinforced on the sides, not as V-shaped, has a top footstep plate, and no tab welded on the tube, so its symmetric. Goes for about $136 with shipping on their site I think?

Here is rack (BTW you can get a 2-bike add on since this is the 2" version and haul 4 bikes if you want):

Folded Position

Loading/Flat Position

Down/Extra Clearance Position

1 - 6 of 6 Posts