Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1301 - 1310 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,302
Let’s just keep this thread to the facts and not rumors. These are all rumors until a TSB is released.
I agree but I understand and have passed on things that I’ve been told by Toyota Corp. caseworker and engineer with nothing in writing so I’m guilty too! After all, until we get a TSB, we probably won’t get anything in writing. Heck, we may never even get a TSB!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree but I understand and have passed on things that I’ve been told by Toyota Corp. caseworker and engineer with nothing in writing so I’m guilty too! After all, until we get a TSB, we probably won’t get anything in writing. Heck, we may never even get a TSB!
I have been guilty too. I grow doubtful when a story changes every time it’s challenged, however. If we stick to the fact, it removes any chance of this thread going off the rails or owners making decisions based on bad info.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an XSE with the fuel fill problem. I brought it in for the 5K service and asked about the issue. The tech was unaware of the issue and searched in his computer and indicated that Toyota was also unaware of any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an XSE with the fuel fill problem. I brought it in for the 5K service and asked about the issue. The tech was unaware of the issue and searched in his computer and indicated that Toyota was also unaware of any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be sure to contact Toyota customer service 800-331-4331 and request they fix the problem.

Also, does you needle indicate full despite not being able to fill the tank?

·
Registered
133 Posts
2019 XLE Rav 4 hybrid DTE started at 517 miles previous fill up and it was at 348 DTE or 169 miles driven and accepted 3.6 gallons and needle above full 46.94 miles per gallon.

Actual miles driven since last fill up using the odometer was 216 miles or 60 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do not own a Rav4. However, my wife and I, test drove a 2019 XSE hybrid, and was nice!
We are planning to buy one, but seeing all this fuel fill up issue.... is this a irritant or, are owners not able to "actually" fill the car to full?

If you do not rely on the gauges or computer to tell you how many range you have left... is it an actual problem or, irritating thing that is dependent on gauges?

Either way, being such a long thread, I am seeing how critical this is; and, I am starting to sway away from the Rav4 Hybrid XSE.... overall, the car was nice to drive and comes with nice features. I just don't want my wife and I, to make a bad purchase if this is mechanical issue that jeopardizes the safety and overall reliability of the car... example: No airbag issue or braking issues

Also, I find some useful info that I, would think it be helpful for those that find this issue of importance: Discussion on the same subject

I would suggest the same as this person's response:

"Cranberryion_1 answered 3 weeks ago
My case manager is Pam and her number is 1-800-331-4331, select option 3 and enter extension 73812."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, for the majority of owners you cannot fill to full without multiple top offs.

I’m not convinced that there even are two issues or if people are conflating a secondary issue.

Is anyone at all getting 520~ DTE on first click?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,310
Yes, for the majority of owners you cannot fill to full without multiple top offs.

I’m not convinced that there even are two issues or if people are conflating a secondary issue.

Is anyone at all getting 520~ DTE on first click?
Not even close. Best I’ve ever filled to was around 515 with lots of work. Probably the mid to low 400s at first click. It should be closer to 600.
All I know is that I’ve had this problem since the first time I attempted to fill the tank. As a result, I don’t believe in what the gauges are telling me. It’s my opinion that the “fill problem” is at the heart of all the other fuel system problems including overall range, mpg, yada, yada, yada.

1301 - 1310 of 1310 Posts