Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help?........
Been trying to upload pics, everytime I submit one, I get error message saying "Files are too big or corrupted". Followed instructions in FAQ. Compressed photo sizes so they were well within 1200 x 800, still no luck. Am working with Jasc Photo Shop Editor software.

TIA,

OC :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Maybe the file size is too large... meaning too many bytes :?

Try this site :arrow: http://www.netmechanic.com/GIFBot/optimize-graphic.htm

TIP: You don't have to enter your email address on the netmechanic site to get it to work 8)

If this doesn't work for you... go ahead and EMAIL the photo(s) to me and I'll take a look at them... to see what might be wrong :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
OCInsomniac,

If you want a bigger image than try to reduce your original image to no bigger than 800 pixels in one dimension.

Keep the resolution at 72.

Then when you save, either select "output to WEB"
or manually, select JPG and save at half quality, or 5.

Walt

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, Walt. Just got a Canon S12S for Christmas, and still learning how to use software. Will give it a try, even though my pics are now uploading, they're coming out too small. :oops:

OC

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Canon digital has great color quality and my photographer friend uses them.
I think my camera's lowest Res. is at 640 X480 which is a bit smaller than my typical Web pics. But if i plan on taking pics worth saving remember to up the resolution, or keep them large and reduce when needed.

As for being a dog person, well, never owned one. :roll: Just borrow the neighbors to talk to women at parks :wink:
No i'm lying, :)
She is my neighbors, but since she was a puppy i treat her like my own and she's crazy about me. I trick her as much as i can and she in turn is very funny. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts