Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Today my blinkers stopped working out of nowhere. I didn’t do any work on the car. It happened after a car wash but that could be a coincidence. When I click the unlock button on the key, there’s no light on any blinkers, I do hear the sound. Pushing the hazard switch doesn’t turn them on either. Turn signal switch (right and left) shows no arrows on the dash, no clicking sound or turn singnals. I read a few posts and it seems to be the relay or fuse. I’m not sure which part to replace and where. Please help!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Possibly some wash water got into the circuit and caused a short, which would blow the fuse. Suggest checking the fuse (diagram is in Owner's Manual). Other members may have other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Possibly some wash water got into the circuit and caused a short, which would blow the fuse. Suggest checking the fuse (diagram is in Owner's Manual). Other members may have other suggestions.
Agree. An electrical problem after going thru a car wash probably isn't a coincidence.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,529 Posts
Have you had the windshield recently? If it wasn't properly sealed, water can get in and wreak havoc with electrical systems.

Case in point:

My 2002 RAV4 was getting floor drenched when it rained. And power locks going crazy. Read posts and tried all kinds of disassembly / possible causes for hours. Finally identified where the water was coming in. From top corner of windshield I had had replaced 8 years ago. Poured water over that cornery of windshield from outside and watched water drop in on the wiring. Headed to my fav body shop to get it resealed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, windshield is original. Noticed a crack in the right side mirror, that might be the culprit for a short circuit after the car wash. I’ll check the fuse. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently there’s no fuse for the turn signals. Seems they’re controlled by the hazard fuse. Replacing that fixed the issue. It’s 10 Amp fuse (#4) under the hood on driver’s side.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Good that you sorted out the problem and that the turn signals are operating as they should. Thanks for keeping everyone informed. Many people unfortunately don't let the rest of us know that and how a situation has been resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my Rav 4 2015, I have changed turn &Haz fuse which was blown and the spare one blew again at the moment I was turning on the car. Probably short circuit in my car, i am still DIY ,I will let you know guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts