Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front headlights have like a haze on them. They look like something etched them. How can I remove the haze? A friend of mine suggested using a rubbing compound. Would that work on clear plastic? The look of my headlights is really starting to bug me!thanks for any help!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Meguiars makes some kind of "plastic polish" that takes out minor things like that. Rubbing compounds will make it worse because they act like sandpaper.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll try that. If it dosent work I guess I'll have to look on Ebay for replacements.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Is the haze on the outside for sure? I have that too but it seems from the inside. When i went to the dealership for regular maintenance, i pointed that out to my service advisor but he told me that only the service manager was able to tell me if that was a thing that was covered by the warranty, or something like that. That was on a weekend and the manager doesn't work on weekends, and i haven't had the time to go on a weekday. I'll take a pic of my headlights sometime and post it to see if it looks the same as yours.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The haze was on the outside. I bought Mothers plastic polish and it worked beautifully! :lol: It removed the haze and most of the etchings. I didnt know that there was faceting on the inside of the headlights! They almost look brand new :lol:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thanks for the update, I will have to give that stuff a try on my headlights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts