Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a easy way to upgrade my 07 rav4 head light to make it brighter?

For example: LED light bulb?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
is there a easy way to upgrade my 07 rav4 head light to make it brighter?

For example: LED light bulb?
Exitnine you can use 9012 Bulbs for low beams (9006) and 9011 Bulbs for high beams (9005). There are lots of youtube and information on how to modify the bulbs to make it fit. These halogen bulbs are almost 50% more brighter compared to the stock bulb and have longer life compared to other bulbs. Modifying the bulb is easy and all you need is a nail clipper or side cutter to snip the plastic off. Just make sure you know you are working on the correct side as the low and high beam bulbs are not interchangeable. I have DLRL (daylight running light) and it uses the high beam and I though that was the low beam side.

You need to order online to find these bulbs as they are not the common bulbs and most stores will not carry them. The Philips are the one I got for the 9011/HIR2.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI DL175, so there no easy way to plug those LCD bulb, saw those alot on ebay.

Anyway, any special URL link you can point out to me on youtube?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
HI DL175, so there no easy way to plug those LCD bulb, saw those alot on ebay.

Anyway, any special URL link you can point out to me on youtube?

Thanks
There are some here on this site that have tried LED bulbs and were not happy with the results. Those that have tried the 9011/9012 were happy including myself.
You can try looking on Ebay for those bulbs and are sometimes you will find very good deals. You can try Amazon also.

Here is a link of how much to cut off. If you take the 9006 bulb out just compare it with the 9012 bulb. You should be able to figure out what needs to be cut off. (not much just a few mm)

https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-91565365470012_2267_311973

Here a video. (don't touch bulb without gloves... oil coating from your hands will cause short life)

·
Registered
2007 Rav4 Sport
4 Posts
Please do not put LED headlights in reflector housings for low beams.

I bought some LED high beams which I love. They are extremely bright. You need to always remember to turn them off whenever you see the hint of another person coming (as you should anyways).

I would recommend doing that. Please keep normal halogen bulbs in the low beams otherwise it will blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I changed my headlights to the Sylvania silver star ZXE and they look a lot brighter. They are about $63 for the 2 bulbs.
Those bulbs use higher wattage to get a brighter light which shortens the life. I have used them before which only lasted 1.5 years. Not as good as good as 9011 or 9012 bulbs which have a long life and brighter lumens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts