Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to replace the stock stereo in my Rav4. Crutchfield's fit guide is giving me some trouble locating a back panel speaker pair...anyone know of a link to the actual specs? I want the fronts to match the backs.

Also any suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thanks.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 16cm Pioneer 3-ways front and rear... they're not top of the line but give you good sound for the price... also a Pioneer HU... as you can see I'm a Pioneer fan :D

But I might get an Alpine deck as my next HU only because it has iPod support :p

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I love my Infinity Kappa's 2-ways in the rear (6.5") and 3-ways in the front (6.5"), I believe they are model # 62.5i and 63.5i respectively.

The rears fit without any problems, you just need to remove the factory speaker brackets and drill holes and screw in the new speakers.

I admit I'm not much of an audiophile or basshead, but when cranked up, they sound great!!!! :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Actually I believe I have the exact same two pairs of speakers as Derek. I know for sure the Infinity Kappas are the same (although mine are older Kappas), I just can't remember which Infinity model number the other pair (which is newer) is. I had them in my 4.1 2-door also. I would've had two pairs of Kappas but the installer claimed they wouldn't fit in the back (I'm pretty sure they would've). So in my 4.1 I had the Kappas in the front and the others in the back, and in the 4.2 I switched them around. I'm having some buzzing though now, oddly enough not associated with bass but instead with some mid-range tones, so I think I'm gonna have to have the doors Dynamatted and everything checked out. :(

Becky

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Becky J. said:
Actually I believe I have the exact same two pairs of speakers as Derek. I know for sure the Infinity Kappas are the same (although mine are older Kappas), I just can't remember which Infinity model number the other pair (which is newer) is. I'm having some buzzing though now, oddly enough not associated with bass but instead with some mid-range tones, so I think I'm gonna have to have the doors Dynamatted and everything checked out. :(

Becky
Becky, you might want to check the adjustable tweeters on the 2-way Kappas. When giving mines a trial-run, I noticed that one of them was loose and making that buzzing noise too. I adjusted them so they were tight again and the buzzing sound went away. Somehow I think that they may come loose again and therefore might need to be glued in its final position. You might want to give it a look. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
labbs said:
I'm about to replace the stock stereo in my RAV4. Crutchfield's fit guide is giving me some trouble locating a back panel speaker pair...anyone know of a link to the actual specs? I want the fronts to match the backs.

Also any suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thanks.
I highly recomend Eclipse line I have the CD5425 and it upgraded the sound by leaps and bounds even with the stock speakers and plays mp3 cds perfectly and has one nice feature it will save the point on the cd as long as it hooked to the battery.
it also have a very good anti theft system that uses a cd that you chose the key the unit if the power is ever taked away from the unit you will need to reinsert the orginal cd with in 5 times or the unit will lock and only a dealer will can unlock it by sumitting your id
to eclipse to get and reset key for the unit so profesional car theifs ignore this brand
97 rav4

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
IF you really want good sound quality, and deep bass tones without subwoofers, id say go with a set of Rockford Fosgate POWER woofers front and rear. IVe got then, and its been the best choice of my life. They are just a little pricy, but thats what it takes to get a speaker thats damn near bullet proof, and loud as hell (as in, I can get looks at stoplights with my windows rolled up ;) )

As for headunits, I highly reccomend either JVC, Eclipse, Pioneer, or Alpine. I personally have a JVC KD-LH810, and this thing is awsome. It is on the lower end of the RMS power spectrum :( but it more than makes up for it in features. Cool little things like ,You can make animated screensavers to display (like the one ive got, 360 view of my RAV4 ;) )

As for sizing, ive I remeber corretly, you can use the same size speakers front and rear. IF you get speakers that are the OEM size, you will most likley have to drill holes to install them. If you get smaller ones, you can buy an adapter plate so you dont have to drill any holes. Stick with crutch field, they will guide you inteh right direction. And if theyre wrong, they will gladly help you out in any way needed to install the speakers (even to the point of payign you to have them installed by a professional)

I do custom audio/video installs, and im alway glad to help if you have any questions on taht kinda stuff ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
My only fear of alpine is the number of repairs they get and broken units in the showrooms when i was looking for a new head unit another plus with the eclipse is a 3 year warenty compared to one year for alpine

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is the size of rear speaker for my 1998 3doors model??

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts