Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends, i've just install a new android head unit to my car, the problem that i still can't understand is that the music sound good each morning, but after that the sound get noisy for mp3 & video files, (from the unit, or usb or internet) only the radio music keep the good sound.

This morning i 've disconnect the head unit and test it with a separate speaker and again same problem, radio okey but mp3 & videos are noisy, which mean this is head unit issue.

please if any one can help do not hesitate,

Thank you

·
Registered
244 Posts
Better call your supplier with this issue... I guess it has to do with the headunit's D/A converter, or the Android mediaplayer software.
Did you try any headunit/Android software update if available, or an alternative "Player" App, to check if this one is noisy too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Theo, well, i've upgrade my android to version 6 and problem of sound still exist in addition to SMS shown on the screen said ; ' UI & MCU does not match '

I ve tried other media reader but no change.

Now supplier told me that this is a hardware problem and that he will send me a mother board because he though that actual one may be damaged.

also, after removing the headunit for test i ve felt an overheating in the back (not screen side) could this have relation with MP3 sound issue ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
What head unit did you install?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks Theo, well, i've upgrade my android to version 6 and problem of sound still exist in addition to SMS shown on the screen said ; ' UI & MCU does not match '

I ve tried other media reader but no change.

Now supplier told me that this is a hardware problem and that he will send me a mother board because he though that actual one may be damaged.

also, after removing the headunit for test i ve felt an overheating in the back (not screen side) could this have relation with MP3 sound issue ?
On the back of the headunit most probably the unit's amp and power management is cooled on the aluminium. No direct worries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts