Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Our family recently got a new RAV4, the head unit in ours is pretty basic, it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/UskLOjW.jpg

We would like to use a USB stick to listen to music (mp3 files), but the only USB input is located directly on the unit itself, under a flap.

We're thinking we could use a low profile USB drive like the SanDisk Ultra Fit so it wouldn't stick out much, but the flap covering the USB port is pretty unsightly.

My question is: Can the flap be removed without damaging the head unit? I tried pulling on it and it doesn't seem like it would come off easily.

And also: Is it easy/possible to add another USB port (with data connection, not just power) to somewhere more convenient, like for example, next to the cigarette lighter port down the bottom?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not a 100% sure if the flap can be removed as I have a different head unit. But I can inform you that most of the Toyota 2013+ head units (here in Australia anyway) can play audio via BlueTooth, may be a better option then to dismantle something. Also, if you need to add another USB port you can buy DIY kits from amazon, though reports are they are poorly made.

Easy fix though be to purchase a cigarette lighter to USB plug adapter, and use BlueTooth to play your music, also allows anyone in the car to play DJ :smile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts