Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just so if you are interested and looking for a header to fit your 4.2.....

i am not advertising for anybody i just want to let you guys know that there is a header for our 4.2.....

i am so tempted to buy but the need for cash on more important stuff is a priority......

looks neat too.....check the link out...2-4 days left before the auction ends....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...33631QQitemZ8008922036QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the seller has a link that shows comparisons btwn different headers....and this particular item from alphawerks rated top of the line.....

here is the link.....

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82724&sid=d73aa4de8fc2a581c260abdab2956b7b

although the headers were tested on the tc not on an actual RAV....we could say that someone is serious about this....hopefully someone can buy it and we can all be a witness to the results.....

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Darn, T304 stainless headers! They look top notch.

But can anyone say with certainty that they are a direct, hassle free fit? I have install a few sets over the years and some go in easy and others are a nightmare (if they fit at all).

·
Registered
10,305 Posts
Direct fit, well, all headers give some problems sometimes. In my case, installing an 86-89 header I had to relocate the O2. But no big deal. I'd would have done the Ceramic Header. But guys let me tell you. Once it's on, you will love the power, sound and torque. GET IT ON. BTW, do the whole thing if possible. 2.25 and a cool muffler. Do something different. Out of the ordinary, be distinctive among all. Don’t copy, create.

·
Registered
682 Posts
If i had a 4.2 i'd definitely jump on this header. I cant wait to get the Lukey header for my 4.1.....just waiting a few more weeks while more are made!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Most definitely i will post pics :) BTW, if anyone gets this 4.2 header don't forget to get a high flow cat, resonater and sports muffler as well. 2.25" piping as Mensa said would be ideal. I think this header should fit all 1AZ-FE and 2AZ-FE engines as they all should have the same header bolt pattern.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...i'll try to manage some extra cash and i might buy one for my 4.2 as long as the price does not go up so high.....

but before i begin to install it i would buy a complete exhaust system to go with it...i do have a AWD so it might post a bit of a problem ....but there is always a way....i will keep it in the garage until i am able to buy the exhaust...

if it does not fit or give install problems i can always resell it in EBay....so i'll just cross my fingers and hope my wife won't notice it that much....i am sure u married guys know what i am talking about.....hehehe!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
682 Posts
no need to buy an exhaust system. just get an exhaust shop to custom fit a system to your RAV along with the header. And AWD won't pose a problem.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks interesting if it does indeed fit the 4.2.5.Would be nice to see a TC upclose just to see how its oem headers compare to the 4.2.5 or even the 4.2.What do you guys think headers would do in terms of emissions testing? Make no difference or more likely to fail you?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mohit said:
Most definitely i will post pics :) BTW, if anyone gets this 4.2 header don't forget to get a high flow cat, resonater and sports muffler as well. 2.25" piping as Mensa said would be ideal. I think this header should fit all 1AZ-FE and 2AZ-FE engines as they all should have the same header bolt pattern.
Mohit...how much do you think will i spend for the high flow cat, resonator and sports muffler .... does it have to be specific for the RAV's only or can i mix and match whichever is compatible???

and by the way where can i most likely find all of this...

i might squeeze out around $500.00 for this mod.....that includes the header, the exhaust and installation, too...will this be enough? :roll:

thanks!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
471 Posts
zoomie said:
I don't think this fits all 4.2's. The earlier model 4.2's have 2 sensors. We also have a 4-2-1 header. This header only has 1 sensor and is a 4-1 header.
i agree with zoomie.
correct if im wrong 2001-2003 have 2.0l and 2004-2005 have 2.4l just like tc, I think those will work only on '04 and '05 models.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Damn, this stucks for us early model rav4 people. Not only does the new 4.2 already have 12 more hp than us, but now it's got more mod parts? Ugh, we're getting beat!

Post from the ebay site:
Q: Hi, I have a 2004 RAV4 and i am not sure if this header will fit my car....can you give me more specs like dimensions and location/s for the 02 sensors if any.. thanks...
Oct-13-05

A: It shall fit since as seen both engine bays are equal in dimensions, the way it attach, same brackets, shares the same transmission: either the auto or std trans . The important is that the RAV4 shall be a 2.4L (2AZ-Fe) not the 2.2L or 2.0L

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ah so it wont fit a 1AZ-FE. I always thought 1AZ-FE and 2AZ-FE were the same externally, only the internal displacement varied.

·
Registered
10,305 Posts
zoomie said:
I don't think this fits all 4.2's. The earlier model 4.2's have 2 sensors. We also have a 4-2-1 header. This header only has 1 sensor and is a 4-1 header.
Guys, guys, don't worry about two sensors, work around this problem. Just relocate them. When I finally decided to just relocate the sensor, and saw how easy a muffler shop can do this. I felt a little stupid. They do it everyday.

·
Registered
682 Posts
pyxy_567 said:
Mohit...how much do you think will i spend for the high flow cat, resonator and sports muffler .... does it have to be specific for the RAV's only or can i mix and match whichever is compatible???

and by the way where can i most likely find all of this...

i might squeeze out around $500.00 for this mod.....that includes the header, the exhaust and installation, too...will this be enough? :roll:

thanks!!!! :wink:
I'm not sure of the pricing of exhaust components in USA as i'm in Oz. But over here for US$500 (which is about AU$665) you could get a high flow cat, resonator, sports muffler, a nice s/s tip, exhaust piping, and installation. On top of this add the cost of the header. Best place to get all this is either online and take it to an exhaust shop or get the exhaust shop to supply and fit everything (except header) as they usually do a good deal if you're getting everything from them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts