Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All other lights work fine except low beam for both LH and RH??
Any idea where I might find the headlight relay??

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The "Head Relay" is located in the RB #2 located under the hood, on the right side.

This relay should be located in the top-right area of the box, above the rows of fuses.

STEP #1
Connecting a jumper from pin #3 to pin #5 (the top and bottom pins) will illuminate the low beams if the relay or it's controlling circuitry is the problem.

STEP #2
If step #1 lights the headlamps, then test that the relay is getting the proper signals to cause it to operate.
Pins #1 and #2 (at the right and left ) are the coil of the relay. Pin #1 has a constant +12v, and pin #2 is grounded when the headlights are requested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Rick but this 2006 model RAV4 does not have a RB no. 2 on RH side only the RB no. 1 on LH side. Manual RH drive Japanese import.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
How was he supposed to know you were in Fiji driving a Japanese RAV4? This is mainly a N. American based forum. Please fill out the profile page in the user control panel so we will know what you're driving and where.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sincere apologies just being reading some of you guys especially Ricks t/shooting on the forum n thought you might be able to help me with my Headlight defect. Sorry for intruding. I had no idea that this was only for North America....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Sincere apologies just being reading some of you guys especially Ricks t/shooting on the forum n thought you might be able to help me with my Headlight defect. Sorry for intruding. I had no idea that this was only for North America....
The forum is not for just North America. We have members from all over the world.

The problem is we didn't know which part of the world you were from, so I provided you with trouble shooting information based on my version of RAV4 which is North America.

I'm sorry I don't have any information on RAV4's in your country, but someone who is familiar with your model may chime in with some answers.

You should click on the "User CP" link (User Control Panel) on the black bar at the top of the page and fill in your personal information to avoid future misunderstandings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts